91 RG560 - Should I mod it?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
TheArchitect

I have an RG560 in Raspberry Ice. Its completely stock and in pretty decent shape. I am pondering a pickup change. Are these things worth anything these days where not being stock would be costly on the vintage market ala vintage Les Pauls?
DomitianX

TheArchitect wrote:I have an RG560 in Raspberry Ice. Its completely stock and in pretty decent shape. I am pondering a pickup change. Are these things worth anything these days where not being stock would be costly on the vintage market ala vintage Les Pauls?
I wouldnt worry about swapping pickups. Thats a pretty standard mod and easy to "undo". If you decided to strip it and paint rainbows on it, I would advise against that.
Stephen Brown

Well....Here is an Ibanez that would be worth a few quid.

I've only ever seen one like above in a pawn shop.
Jeries

TheArchitect wrote:I have an RG560 in Raspberry Ice. Its completely stock and in pretty decent shape. I am pondering a pickup change. Are these things worth anything these days where not being stock would be costly on the vintage market ala vintage Les Pauls?
if its made in japan put all the money you want into it.
TheArchitect

Jeries wrote:
if its made in japan put all the money you want into it.
Definitely made in Japan. Its a nice guitar. I'm just not a shredder type so its use is limited but its nice to have that flavor available. Looking at either a Breed or a Mojoe. Maybe an Evo but that is WAY over the top for my style.

I was also wonder if a traditional old school 5way switch would fit the cavity. I prefer them to the more modern switches Ibanez uses
Jeries

look at the Crunch Lab (Bridge) and Luquifer (Neck)

Or an EVO2 in the bridge
TheArchitect

Jeries wrote:look at the Crunch Lab (Bridge) and Luquifer (Neck)

Or an EVO2 in the bridge
The 560 is HSS. Isn't the liquifire a humbucker?
Jeries

oh yeah you're right.

my bad