New EVH Wolfgang Guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
GuitarAlien7

http://www.evhgear.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r3gZA4_Fw ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
j.arledge

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f19/2009- ... 84827.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you get a chance do pickup the latest guitar world if your an EVH fan.
Big Bad Bill

Stainless steel frets-brilliant move! When I need a refret that's the way I'm going. Otherwise it looks exactly like the Peavey Wolfgang. What can possible be that new on it? Surely he designed the Peavey Woflgang/ Musicman EVH with all his expertise way back. What's he learned since then? He hasn't produced a new album after all. Forgive me for being cynical, but I am!

Edward wants that guitar design to out live him? Well I noticed him smoking despite already having throat cancer so I'd suggest his wish will become reality sooner than he expects!
boswell

I don’t need to do this for financial reasons
Maybe but financial reasons are the reason he's doing it. Fools and their money eh? :roll:
Stephen Brown

Veteran.
scottinomaha

I would love to get a hold of the new humbucker in it, but he never parts stuff out. I never really dug the neck design of his guitars, I see the theory behind it but it just never felt comfortable like my jems or my old rg's.
bennyvx78

Its good to see him in good health, and he updated his Wolfgang guitars.
Very cool. I think 'm goin' to save some dough to get an hold of these guitars.

Ed is still an national hero 'ere in Holland :) Where all so proud of the guy.
Dug
Newcomer

I think basically it boils down to, he's finally got what HE wants ... not what Ernie Ball or Peavey wanted. I can't imagine a better artist, one more known for tone chasing, other than SV, to have a signature model. Yet, to my knowledge, no other artist was strong armed into making changes to his SIGNATURE model. The Ernie Ball Music Man EVH model was basically a guitar they had already designed (Axis) that Ed made changes to. Then Peavey came along and didn't really allow the things Ed wanted. He wanted quilted maple, but then they said quilted maple was getting to scarce, you have to use flamed maple (funny how they suddenly found a good supply once Hartley's name was on the headstock).

Basically, in my mind, Ed FINALLY got his SIGNATURE model and I'm happy for him. He SHOULD be proud of it - it's FINALLY what he wanted. The headstock he originally patented, the low friction pots, the output jack with 4 screws instead of 2 (stock Peavey), the QUILTED maple, the 5 ply binding, the stainless steel frets - All stuff that take the guitar from a ho-hum, typical production model to a premium SIGNATURE model. It's taking his ideas from a HARTLEY PEAVEY Wolfgang model to an Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang model. Something with more of a Les Paul status.

So in essence ... it's the small things. That's the difference in a regular production model and a premium product anyway. It's the attention to detail. Having his initials stamped on the Floyd Rose, having his initials stamped on the Pickups, the low frictions pots, the extra 2 screws, the premium wood, the stainless steel frets, the MXR/Fender Jazz Bass style knobs, etc. All those things add up. All those things are the FIRST to go on a typical production line guitar in order to cut costs and maximize profits. Saving $6 per guitar on frets adds up to hundreds of thousands of dollars throughout the entire production run. Putting regular pots in it would save $1 or $2 per guitar equallying tens of thousands of dollars a year. Etc.

So yeah, it's going to be a bit more expensive, but as far as I'm concerned, he's finally giving us something different. Something new. Something uncomprimising. Something worthy of HIS name on it.
guitarmattms

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. i'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas where i can find templates to build a guitar similar to this. i'm aware of Guitar Templates.com but i want the Peavey version. Any suggestions? Also i was wondering about the specs on this neck... like measurements and what they used for oil and etc...

thanxs. :D Peace...
TheArchitect

Dug wrote:I think basically it boils down to, he's finally got what HE wants ... not what Ernie Ball or Peavey wanted. I can't imagine a better artist, one more known for tone chasing, other than SV, to have a signature model. Yet, to my knowledge, no other artist was strong armed into making changes to his SIGNATURE model. The Ernie Ball Music Man EVH model was basically a guitar they had already designed (Axis) that Ed made changes to. Then Peavey came along and didn't really allow the things Ed wanted. He wanted quilted maple, but then they said quilted maple was getting to scarce, you have to use flamed maple (funny how they suddenly found a good supply once Hartley's name was on the headstock).
Nonsense. EVH owns most if not all of the patents on those guitars. No one twisted his arm to do anything. For someone who proclaimed he wasn't in it "for the money" he had no reason to sign off on anything he didn't want to.

Lest we not forget that EVH also decided to go on a 10 year bender and did absolutely NOTHING to support Peavey in selling his guitar.

Whatever he may have been in the past, today EVH is a self centered, arrogant, hypocritical POS. These guitars are no different than the what PV made in any meaningful way. Except the significantly higher price.
bennyvx78

... and where still so proud of our little eddie v. halen.
Im buying the guitars man .. I want 'em.