Need help from Dimarzio pickup/ Tone gurus

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Dug
Newcomer

I want to replace the pickups in my guitar with some new Dimarzios. Cant decide which ones. My guitar has a basswood body, maple neck and fretboard. I want something that is warm, tight and hot. I have had an Evlution and it was very nice. I am looking for something just a touch warmer. I have been looking at the Tone Zone, Steves Special, Breed and even another Evo or the new Evo 2. I like what Dimarzio has done with the new website. My favorite album tones are Passsion and Warfare, Whitesnake Slip of the Tongue, the warm wet sound of VH Carnal Knowledge and Balance. Can I get some advice? Sure would be nice to try them before you buy them. By the way, its a hum, hum config. neck and bridge. Rig is, Digitech 2120 Artist into Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp into 2 4X12 cabs. Thanks in advance.
Dug
Newcomer

anyone? I havent had the opportunity to try or listen to many of these Dimarzios.
Logic

Well you pretty much covered all the bases.
DiMarzio has a 30 day send it back for a swap deal.
you can try a paf pro or breed if you don't like it or think you can do better send it back and try something different.