Does anyone make a Jem knockoff?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Dug
Newcomer

I have been visiting a Van Halen board and was intoduced to OLP guitars that are licensed Music Man products. They seem to be a hit and seem to be well made for the price. Question is, does anyone make a Jem style guitar for someone on a budget?
guitar_man_6

Carvin?
Instrumentalrockrocks

guitar_man_6 wrote:Carvin?
I agree.

Carvin.

Shred On :guitar
phoenix2874

Not to be a dick, but why in hell would someone want a knockoff jem? Is the 555 not cheap enough? A decent RG can be had for a few hard earned dollars, and they are about as close as I`d ever want to come to a jem knockoff. I`ve played the MusicMan copies and though they are a bargain, they just don`t measure up to the real thing. Just remember: you ALWAYS get what you pay for.
guitar_man_6

US$966.35... :? (lift's one eyebrow)
miker

phoenix2874 wrote:...why in hell would someone want a knockoff jem?
ummm... ditto. Buy a decent, brand name guitar in your price range. You'll be better off than getting knock of crap.

They sell knock off Jems on online auctions... and they really look like total crap.

Get an Ibanez RG, or a used Jem (caveat emptor), or a Fender Strat (the Mexican made ones are decent for the price if you wanna go cheap). Lotsa options...