New Steve Vai DVD Release Date?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

U:SaGa wrote:
It will be released at the same time. This is one of the reasons for the delay.

I'll have other details about the releases available shortly.

Mikey
vai.com
Hi Mikey !

Thank you very much for the news ! Could you tell me if the Blu-Ray will be Region-Free ?
Yes! :)

So will the DVD :)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Patill

let me give you a big thank you on this. I hate this region sh*t, you can only change it 5 times bla. And then your CPU won´t let you change it again, this sucks.
Ekim

Cannot come soon enough. I just wish I'd made the trip to the DVD filming. Oh well.
girl from Kiev
Newcomer

thanks Mikey for the news, cant wait to get it. :guitar :) :D :headbang :peace :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar
Brakkum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU604f4vVl0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

really cool interview, mentions the new dvd, but has some other really cool info in it.
Hakky

Just want to pipe up here too--
about my excitement to get this DVD in August!!!

I was at the EVO- Vancouver,BC show which was the last gig (2 days) before the shoot.

I just want to let you all know how nearly impeccable that performance was.
I think the tour at that point had accumulated such a massive progress and proficiency among the band members, that it really delivered the songs as they are to be.

**Spoiler**??
Well not really a spoiler, but in soundcheck Steve and Jeremy really hammered out an important detail of OOOO
and then also hammered out the fermata-ending of Taurus Bulba,
as if those were the few remaining concerns to Steve about the tidbits in the set.

It was so f-ing cool to be a part of that pre-show warmup, and then when the concert started it came off just SICK and without a hitch. Now We Run was a greatly energized starter!!

The sitar then bass/drum solo to Freak Show Excess was just unreal, as a drummer myself, I'd have been so proud to pull that one off with Beller!

All of the songs were such a blast to see live-- Die to Live gave me huge goosebumps!

I expect the Minneapolis show was as good or better, and so here's a big CHEER to the VAI band (and Mikey) for supplying us the reproduction of some truly superb music.

:)
Brakkum

very well put, and I must agree, OOOO was amazing.
ralvarezm

Don't know if I caught it right, but last week in Spain during the MasterClass Steve said that the DVD is coming out in September!! New change? mistake?.... Argghh

Mikey, please we NEED that dvd in August!!
codnchips

Like most, I have been eagerly awaiting this DVD. I've seen Steve play live quite a few times, over a substantial time period and have to say that this tour was my favourite. I loved the setlist (Taurus Balba felt like such a treat) and the violinists' provided a fantastic audiovisual pleasure.
Even though I didn't attend the Minneapolis gig (I saw the London Hammersmith show), I can't wait to watch the show again!

Just FYI, one of my other favourite "Steve Treats", was his performance on Zomby Woof at the Royal Albert Hall, on the ZPZ tour. Goosebump stuff!!! Love it! :D
Vive le Rush

Brakkum wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU604f4vVl0

really cool interview, mentions the new dvd, but has some other really cool info in it.
Thanks, Brakkum, for the link to this interview. :D :D :peace Watching it certainly makes me want to get ahold of this DVD even more!!! :headbang :D :D :guitar :guitar :peace
Brakkum

:peace

im preparing mentally for this wonderful DVD.
Brakkum

1 month, 11 days... :headbang
Ekim

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... rce=MRNEWS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not according to this...

Can we get a confirmation?
TPR
Newcomer

Ekim wrote:http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... rce=MRNEWS

Not according to this...

"The musicians in this band are: Bryan Beller (bass), Jeremy Colson (drums), Dave Weiner (guitar and sitar) and Zack Wiesinger (lap steel)."

What?
lydian2000

Ekim wrote:http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... rce=MRNEWS

Not according to this...

Why just not postponing the whole DVD release till 2010 altogether? or 2015? then call them "The Vai Archives : Really worth the wait!"

:evil:

/rant.