New Steve Vai DVD Release Date?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

sunai0804 wrote:awesome news, made my day.. Also, mikey, would you happen to know if steve might tour India, or singapore the next tour ? I know its too soon to ask, but i'd really try and catch steve on this tour
If Steve had his way, he'd tour every country that's out there. We're hoping that Singapore and India and asia at large will be part of the next tour, but as always, a promoter needs to bring the tour there. I'm pretty confident that will happen. :)

The tour will begin next year, once the new album is out.

Mikey :)
vai.com
sunai

more good news.. actually, i can catch it even in malaysia, or maybe even thailand.. Thanks mikey, hopin the album comes out soon
ocuj

I know I asked this before, but what about a blu-ray? Will this be released on blu? That would be really nice.
samuel

Mikey wrote:
sunai0804 wrote:awesome news, made my day.. Also, mikey, would you happen to know if steve might tour India, or singapore the next tour ? I know its too soon to ask, but i'd really try and catch steve on this tour
If Steve had his way, he'd tour every country that's out there. We're hoping that Singapore and India and asia at large will be part of the next tour, but as always, a promoter needs to bring the tour there. I'm pretty confident that will happen. :)

The tour will begin next year, once the new album is out.

vai.com
Hey mikey
is there any chance that steve would come to Australia on his next tour? as there hasn't been a solo vai show in aus since 04, 05, not exactly sure, and if so, would there be the EVO package?
Thanx
Sam
Vive le Rush

fp77&ep7owner wrote:
Mikey wrote:The release date is July 21.

Expect announcements soon.

Mikey
vai.com
This is the best news that I've heard for a very long time!!

:guitar :headbang :mrgreen:
I'm a new Steve Vai fan, but am already addicted to his AMAZING music!!!!!! :guitar :guitar RE: Vai DVD'S-----I own "Live at Astoria" , and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! 8) :D :D :headbang Now that I know about this new DVD, about to be released less than one week before my birthday, I'm ABSOLUTELY THRILLED!!!!!!!!! :D :D :guitar

ROCK ON!!!! :guitar :headbang :guitar
Jenn Pix

Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th. Unfortunately a number of logistical issues have caused this... but we'll have more news about it soon.

Sorry folks, we're just as bummed about it as you are. But it's worth the wait. We'll have a sneak peek coming up too.

vai.com
Read the rest of the thread, Vive!
Vive le Rush

Jenn Pix wrote:
Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th. Unfortunately a number of logistical issues have caused this... but we'll have more news about it soon.

Sorry folks, we're just as bummed about it as you are. But it's worth the wait. We'll have a sneak peek coming up too.

vai.com
DARN!!!! :x :shock: I guess I learned my lesson. :oops: :? Now, of course, I feel like an idiot!!!! :( :lol:
Jenn Pix

Vive le Rush wrote:
Jenn Pix wrote:

vai.com
DARN!!!! :x :shock: I guess I learned my lesson. :oops: :? Now, of course, I feel like an idiot!!!! :( :lol:
Ah, don't!
You're no idiot, just enthusiastic! :D :wink:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

ocuj wrote:I know I asked this before, but what about a blu-ray? Will this be released on blu? That would be really nice.
Yes - that's the plan.

Mikey
Patill

oh, so it´s going to be in HD? I don´t know much about Blue Ray but there´s gonna be a normal DVD, too, right?
Breeder

Patill wrote:oh, so it´s going to be in HD? I don´t know much about Blue Ray but there´s gonna be a normal DVD, too, right?
dvd is far from dead right now so I guess it`s impossible there wont be :wink:
bob mac

vai.com
"logistical issues" Yup, the additions of the Master Class'. First April/May, then pushed back 'till July, now August............. :evil: Sounds like the same management where I work! :lol: (Now I,ll beleive it when I,m really watching it)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

bob mac wrote:

vai.com
"logistical issues" Yup, the additions of the Master Class'. First April/May, then pushed back 'till July, now August............. :evil: Sounds like the same management where I work! :lol: (Now I,ll beleive it when I,m really watching it)
The master classes have nothing to do with the release date delay.

Just want to clear that up.

When you release any product, be it CD or DVD, there are long lead times when the disc goes to mastering/authoring, and then there's the logistics of scheduling the release, ensuring that the dates is the same for all territories, etc.

Mikey
vai.com
SRVoodoo

Patience comes to those who wait.

...oh so do new dvd's :P
Patill

I think it´s "Waiting comes to the patient"

I want this DVD....NOW!!!!!! :mrgreen:

No, I think it´s going to be really great, and always remember: Anticipation is the greatest joy.

I like it ;).