Steve Vai on radio

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
notavirtuoso

A few years ago I heard Warm Regards on the Weather Channel during the local weather update. I was so surprised I missed the forecast and had to wait another ten minutes.
Ultraviolet

lol that's what he does for us,...magic
;)

Would do sirius for him,..but I'm not packing a satellite in my back pocket,..or a launchpad with the Discovery in the backyard...lol

Russia...Mother Russia??? anyone? they will do it for us...lol
Just to be the first...lol
GuitarAlien7

I RARELY listen to the radio but I've heard The Boy From Seattle as background music once before, thats about it.
toddw7

I played Vai frequently last year when I had a college radio show in Chicago. The station had a relatively powerful FM signal too.

Example playlist:
http://x-equilibrium.blogspot.com/2007/ ... 61007.html
josh2473

The reason why Vai, Satriani, Beck, Macalpine music doesn't get air time is because it is not the main stream music. I mean years ago Instrumental rock had a spot in the music seen. Two things killed it. One reason, it became speed metal where guitarists tried to play as many scales instead of melodies and it was how fast you could play those scales within a song. The other reason was when Nirvana came to town, that changed the music style. Like it was better then butter! :lol:
Instrumental Rock had about a 5 or 6 year period and the guys who I named in the beginning of this post have been able to stay with what they do because they mix it up with the scale and melody approach. Yes, they don't get the air time but that just makes it more fun to wait for a new album to buy.

Joshua Melton
Jeries

a small view of this matter is... i think you get something totally different from a Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci DVD than you do from their albums, and radio consists of 1 or 2 of the best 4 min a record label asshole thinks will get people to buy the rest of the album.

While a G3 DVD could easily blow away a young teenage guitarist whos never heard of the guitarists mentioned above.
amokalex

@all......I don´t mean to butt in on this conversation, but when it comes to Vai music, you can definitley hear his stuff on my radio show in Germany!

I admit that I do not play it daily but, F**ck yourself, Bad Horsie, For the Love of God, Christmas time is here, The audience is listening are tunes that you will hear!

Satch is also a guest, and just 2 days ago I featured Marty Friedman & Jason Becker from the Dragon Kiss Album.

In case you are interested??

Have a look & listen www.project-reloaded.com
Shredded Heat

I was amazed to see it, but Steve was actually on BBC One in the UK this evening (considering how 'mainstream' BBC One is, that's quite a big achievement!). He was featured as part of the documentary "The Story of the Guitar", and they showed a clip of 'Blue Powder' taken from the Astoria DVD (I don't think the episode's been made available to watch just yet, but if and when it is, it should be at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dzmgh)
ClarkyNZ

brentm wrote:...This sounds like a sequel to "Pump Up the Volume" - 1990s movie...
I love that movie! I fell in love with Leonard Cohen from that soundtrack, and Christian Slater was perfect for his role. 8)
cbr1000f

New blogpost from Co de Kloet:
..SATURDAY JULY 4 AT 1800 HRS
DUTCH TIME ..
.. ..

..NPS DE VINYL CODE: THE 25TH
ANNIVERSARY OF STEVE VAI'S VINYL DEBUT "FLEX-ABLE"..
..with Vincent van Engelen &
Co de Kloet..
.. ..
..Steve Vai talks about Flexable
in an exclusive interview with De Vinyl Code, hosted by Vincent &
Co...
.. ..
..Please contact us at
devinylcode@nps.nl..
.. ..
..Listen via http://www.devinylcode.nps.nl." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

pauldlr

Thanks for the heads up, I'll stick it on my calender :D :D :D :D
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Like mentioned in the newsfeeds, we'll be throwing a listning party.
These is the time for the different timezones:

America/Chicago 11:00:00 4-Jul-2009
America/Denver 10:00:00 4-Jul-2009
America/Los_Angeles 09:00:00 4-Jul-2009
America/New_York 12:00:00 4-Jul-2009
Europe/Amsterdam 18:00:00 4-Jul-2009
Europe/Athens 19:00:00 4-Jul-2009
Europe/Helsinki 19:00:00 4-Jul-2009
Europe/London 17:00:00 4-Jul-2009