Stuart Hamm

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Azyiu

I came across to this part of the forum, but am surprised to find out that no one even mention about Stuart Hamm or his album - Outbound!

Sure, Stu is a bassist, and you don't normally expect much of a soloing from a bassist. But, Stu, as many of you may know, is not a typical bassist! In fact, this album has the combination of typical playing, shreding and great melody lines!!! Moreover, Stu threw in some Smooth Jazz songs on there like: The Memo, or A Better World etc. Hey guys, if anyone sees this post, do check out Stu's album; and you will be pleasantly surprised by it for sure!
markelia

Mr. Hamm is great, and he has great songs. I have Radio Free Albemuth on CD, and had Kings of Sleep on tape until it broke. Very nice tunes on both of them, I'll have to check out this "Outbound" one. Thanks for the heads up.
shacks

I was just thinking whats Stu was up to now. Since he stopped touring with Joe I have not heard that much from him. I know he did some clinics last year. I didnt know he had another album out. His official un-official site doesnt seem to be working at the mo. www.stuarthamm.net

STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

shacks
Picabo

I still have my 33 rpm vinyl versions of "Radio Free Albemuth" and "Kings Of Sleep"! Radio Free is my favorite! I gotta listen to it again soon! :)
jemgirl

good question , where is stu? its a damn good bassplayer , always busy.
so , iff anyone knows where stu is , please answer here in this topic.

peace,
patricia :wink:
laficojr

Hey Azyiu i will check
,and yes......Stu is great :wink:
Instrumentalrockrocks

Stu is one of the greatest bass players I think.....
But I thought everyone on the Vai forum knew Outbound exits
But he's anyway good.....
And he plays with Frank Gambale and Steve Smith an fantastic trio.
u2

omg thanks for introing him...his music is great...i gotta get his CD...any beginners CD to reccomand? I am into slow music not those fast shredder fast....i stop at vai and JS and buckethead but no michael angelo....

one question , is he the one playing with satch in the G3 DVD?
Picabo

u2 wrote:one question , is he the one playing with satch in the G3 DVD?
He's playing with Satch on the FIRST G3 Live In Concert DVD.
Cozi101

Hey I don't have any of Stu's solo work but I had G3 with Eric Johnson and Satriani Live in San Fransisco and like him but one thing I don't understand is why the crowd always boos him? At the end of G3 and after his bass solo on the San fransisco DVD, why?
RAI

shacks wrote: STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
There is no booing going on. See above for what the audience is really saying...

:wink:
stu_hig

I have to get that album! I listened to the clip of 'Charlottes Song' and it's great-even though its only 30 seconds!:) He's an awsome player.
Bono

I saw him at a clinic last October in Birmingham and he completely blew me away...he truely is a master on the bass guitar (but we all knew that already, right? :) )
shacks

RAI wrote:
shacks wrote: STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
There is no booing going on. See above for what the audience is really saying...

:wink:
"They Stuuuuuuuuu him cause they love him..."

shacks
anuj

stu's raising his daughter in sf and has a regular gig at Téatro Zinzani on Embarcadero .. :)

he played with 'his' band twice .. once at NAMM and once in SF .. saw both gigs, and it was quite .. fucking amazing ..

(his band includes jeremy colson and lorn leber (read the vai journals from berklee...) .. and is arguably the tightest rhythm section that ever was.

~A