Ozzy and Steve

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
wolvesuk
Newcomer

I read in a Ozzy liner for his Ozzman cometh cd that he thanks Steve,unyet there was no work together on the cd.I know they wrote music together about '94 but what happened to it all? also is there still any friendship there? will Steve ever pop up as a special guest on the Osbourne's? :lol: Steve,if you happen to read this it would be great to get an answer.......thanks
Moderator777

Steve worked a bit with Ozzy during 'Ozzmosis' album. There were big rumours at the time Steve would be Ozzy's new guitarist (imagine that!). Due to the fact artists are signed on different labels and many legal issues involved, it turned out Steve couldn't play on Ozzy's album but he did contribute to the song 'My Little Man' on Ozzmosis. The guitarist is Zakk Wylde.

--------------
Dêkuji,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
RAI

I heard that Ozzy's label found Steve to be too high-profile, and that he would take away too much of the spotlight from Ozzy.
Probably pure B.S.

8)
Moderator777

RAI wrote:I heard that Ozzy's label found Steve to be too high-profile, and that he would take away too much of the spotlight from Ozzy.
Probably pure B.S.

8)
Could be. I heard many things but most points to the the record label thing. Maybe Mikey can clear this up with Steve personally.

Now imagine Steve's version of Crazy Train. Or Bark at the Moon. Wow!

--------------
Dêkuji,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
wolvesuk
Newcomer

thanks guys for the answers makes sense now.......
i wonder if they keep in touch still though?

cheers
badhorsie551

Moderator777 wrote:
RAI wrote:I heard that Ozzy's label found Steve to be too high-profile, and that he would take away too much of the spotlight from Ozzy.
Probably pure B.S.

8)
Could be. I heard many things but most points to the the record label thing. Maybe Mikey can clear this up with Steve personally.

Now imagine Steve's version of Crazy Train. Or Bark at the Moon. Wow!

--------------
Dêkuji,

Moderator777
www.vai.com

oh my god that would rule!!!

but hey....zakk fits the best for ozzy's stuff if you ask me.
steve would have been musically stuck in a rut with ozzy if you ask me....but who knows what it could have been....if there was anything really there in the first place.
davemeetsworld

Theres this one song by ozzy called " paranoid" - and it has some pretty insane guitar in it ( sounds a bit like van halen) - is that zakk Wylde? Or maybe steve? Or maybe van halen? AHHHHHHH!!!!
Reaper

Paranoid's off the Black Sabbath album of the same title. The one live version I've got of it has Randy on guitar, and is quite insane (the version released on Ozzman Cometh)... perhaps that's the version you're thinking of? I would hardly say the original sounded like VH...
alienacidsoup

I was sooo happy when it was announced that Vai was in the studio with Ozzy! :lol: I was crushed when it didn't happen. :cry: Could you imagine Steve playing Mr. Crowley or Believer? :shock: Maybe some day.
Andrew J Dampier

Anyone else think it'd be absolutelymarvelousandreallyreallyreallygreat if Steve decided to release the demo's from the Ozzy sessions?

Even if they were just bits of riffs, or bare tracks with no vocals.....

I remember he said he was using drop-C and was questioning if he'd be able to have children ever again after the sessions. :lol:

I'd just love to hear what he was coming up with...
alienacidsoup

I would give my left nut to be able to hear it!!! :twisted:
The Prez

Steve would be one of the only guitarists who could play material from Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman like Rhoads, all we can do is wait and see if it happens. And this is a quick question, was Steve a ozzy/black sabbath fan at any point?
The Prez

davemeetsworld wrote:Theres this one song by ozzy called " paranoid" - and it has some pretty insane guitar in it ( sounds a bit like van halen) - is that zakk Wylde? Or maybe steve? Or maybe van halen? AHHHHHHH!!!!

Randy rhoads
Melanhead

davemeetsworld wrote:Theres this one song by ozzy called " paranoid" - and it has some pretty insane guitar in it ( sounds a bit like van halen) - is that zakk Wylde? Or maybe steve? Or maybe van halen? AHHHHHHH!!!!
Don't forget Brad Gillis's "Paranoid" solo on "Speak Of The Devil"...
John

alienacidsoup wrote:I would give my left nut to be able to hear it!!! :twisted:
Ditto!