Marshall JMP-1

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Mr. Supertron

I am looking into purchasing a marshall JMP-1. What do you think of these and how much would you say is a good price for one used? I know they are out of production but they come up on EBAY all the time
pagliai

well....marshall jmp1 is a really good workhorse,it is a great thing expecially when you put it in the return of a marshall head.

it's got a great speaker simulator inside it.

you can use it in different ways ,for example to add a direct sound to your mic and blend them or alone with a delay doubling +2 delays (1 L/2 R) in send and return (send out-in delay-out l/r delay-in delay 1 and 2 then return in L/R jmp1)then you can go at 2 different tracks in your mixer and pan them hard l/r

i don't like it with marshall poweramp and marshall cab,i like it so much with a marshall head(return) or with a mesa power amp and 30w celestions......

:roll: mmmm also.......... :roll: i must think about other solutions

ooooh yes yes.......you can put the jmp1 with poweramp and cab with mic to obtain the dry tone and you can go out from speaker simulator with 100% delay or effects to obtain the fxs tone......the fxs 'll be wooooooow 'cause of the different source
pagliai

oh sorry....the price.....400 euros.....550/600 dollars?
j.arledge

the jmp 1 was marshall's longest selling product. They do a great job at covering the typical "glory" Marshall tones up to about a JCM 800. They aren't super high gain but they decent and well made.

pair one up with a mesa 2:50 power amp, and soild 2x12 or 4x12 and you'll have it made.