Tube amps with Digital Effects

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
guitarmattms

I'm looking for an amp that is tubed and has digital effects. Something similar to the Behringer Ac112. I know they've been discontinued but I would like something similar to that.

Thanks for the help in advance.
fyrie

Check out the Bogner Alchemist.
Pi2plank

line6 worked w/ bogner to come up w/ the spider valve.. tube amp w/ built in effects
fyrie

Pi2plank wrote:line6 worked w/ bogner to come up w/ the spider valve.. tube amp w/ built in effects
That's a good suggestion as well. The Spider-Valve is a modeling amp wheras the Alchemist is not. The Alchemist only has digital reverb and delay, but it's more of a "true" tube amp. IMHO the Alchemist is the better sounding of the two, but the Spider-Valve is much more flexible since it has more effects and it models several amps.
Guitarmiester

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade.

/thread.
cosmic ape

Guitarmiester wrote:Hughes & Kettner Switchblade.

/thread.

...if you're made of money, of course...
Guitarmiester

cosmic ape wrote: ...if you're made of money, of course...
I used to settle on crappy and mediocre gear and have slowly been upgrading everything. Anyone in the market for a new amp, guitar, or whatever, I highly recommend saving up for what you really want. I'm sure many others on this board, including myself, have bought gear only to end up selling it for something better weeks/months/years later.

I started off with a crappy Crate 30 watt combo that I made work for years until I could make my own money to buy what I wanted. I currently have a Line6 Vetta II, and have had various other amps that I settled on because I wanted something right away, something I could afford at the moment, regardless of what I could get with a few weeks/months of saving. Anyone who has been down that road knows what I'm talking about.

I know not everyone can afford any piece of gear they want, that's why you have to figure out what's practical to your income and savings.
cosmic ape

you just escalate, bud... I agree, you start small and then you save up... we all start with cheap guitars and crappy amps and modeler pedalboards and then we move on, little by little...

At this point, not even with a loan I could get the amp you mentioned... I do have a JSX! But I got a pretty good deal on it, and I haven't started paying for it yet...

In this case, the line 6 valve deserves to be looked at... Depending on budget, a small amp + a podx3/gt10 combo wouldn't be too bad either...
wasoota

The Crate VFX5212 blew me away personally (a ToneTubby hempcone speakers variant). Tonally still one of the best combos I've played.

Unfortunately, over here it costs almost as much as the H&K Switchblade so I went for something more local, but in the US it goes for $700 or something? I'd have bought two on the spot (and still been under the local price).