Sorry for posting this again... Ballerina 12/24 effects

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
guitarmattms

Hi,

I really enjoy playing the song Ballerina. However, I'm not quit sure how to get an effect similiar to what he uses. I understand that Mr. Vai uses an Eventide Harmonizer. Are there more affordable pedals out there that can give me a similiar sound?

Thanks and sorry for a repeated post.
NOT!!!

i´ve never tried an eventide, but all the other harmonizers sound like crap when playing chords. so a g-major wouldn´t be a suggestion...
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

guitarmattms wrote:Hi,

I really enjoy playing the song Ballerina. However, I'm not quit sure how to get an effect similiar to what he uses. I understand that Mr. Vai uses an Eventide Harmonizer. Are there more affordable pedals out there that can give me a similiar sound?

I had the perfect patch for Ballerina on a TC Electronic G-Major. I'm sure the Major, G-Force and G-system are all able to get that sound.
J
justcartilage

There is a preset for Ballerina on Guitar Rig. A few of the 'fx units' it uses are a bit weird and not sure what would match them by way of real fx units.

The sound quality isn't brilliant, but the actual effect is spot on. It's pretty freakin cool to play.
NOT!!!

Jeroen wrote:

I had the perfect patch for Ballerina on a TC Electronic G-Major. I'm sure the Major, G-Force and G-system are all able to get that sound.
J
My G-Major and my Whammy WH-1 are both not able to create a clean chord sound. You hear the sound washing around. What do you mean by "patch"???? Some update from the I-Net or just something you created in the pitch shifting section of the G-Major?
brentm

Jeroen wrote:

J
Jeroen - would you mind posting your settings? I have a G-Major also and would love to give it a try.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

brentm wrote:
Jeroen wrote:

J
Jeroen - would you mind posting your settings? I have a G-Major also and would love to give it a try.
I'd love to, but my G-Major died a while ago. However, this thread may get you started:

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15190
Petie

You can also do it on the Boss GT-8. You can set the stereo harmonizer effect itself to delay the harmonies by up to about half a second or so, so you don't need to turn on a separate delay effect, just set 2 different delayed harmony times.

It sounds best when you use the acoustic simulator as well, for that ultra-clear tone.
guitarmattms

Hey, everyone.

Thanks for all the tips. What about Vox's Tonelab? Has anyone know if you can do it with this?

Thanks.