Have you replaced or changed the tubes in your Carvin Legacy

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Guitarmiester

I'll try and record a few clips for you guys this week.
bkornaker1977

ive got a few clips at...........

www.soundclick.com/bryank

and i use Ruby el34B-STR power tubes, and my preamp tubes are as follows.....

V1- NOS bugle boy ecc83
V2- NOS RFT ecc83
V3- jjecc803
v4- GT-12ax7-M
V5- NOS tung-sol (not the re-issue, but an original from th 1960's)
TheRocKsTaR777

Your tone is really nice..I would say it sounds more aggressive than a stock legacy amp.Would you say your tone was a dramatic change with the tubes your running now vs stock ? What differences did you make out of the change ? I can tell it sounds very different,but it is also a recording so it makes it a little tougher to tell.Very nice work there.Good tunes.
bkornaker1977

i noticed a difference right away. the tone got brighter, and more "crunchy" and bigger/aggressive.

with the right tubes, you can alter the tone of the amp, but the main "legacy characteristic" will always be in there..........the Legacy's signature sound can never be taken out of the amp.

but the legacy is a darker sounding amp, so with the right tubes, you can brighten it up, and make it sound more aggressive.
TheRocKsTaR777

Wow very good info..any suggestions/tips on selecting tubes (Ex:brands,etc.) for newbies to the tube scene such as myself and others on this forum ? I'll be honest,I dont have the slightest clue where to look,what brands are good,or anything like that.Thanks!
bkornaker1977

the best place for tubes is www.dougstubes.com

thats doug preston, he is "the tube man". a great guy.

the best thing to do is email him, or call him (his number is listed on his website) and tell him your amp you have, and tell him what tone you are trying to get out of the amp (brighter, darker, more aggressive, etc. etc.) and he will recommend you some different tubes based off of what you tell him you want your amp to sound like.