Legacy Owners

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
OnFire5210
Newcomer

In my quest for my first tube amp, I've come upon the legacy. Now I haven't tried one yet, but I'm eager to. I've been told by some that the Legacy can get a tone similar to early Van Halen. Is this true? Could it get a tone similar to the Live Without a Net tone?

Also, does anyone know of any dealers in the Orlando area that have a used Legacy? I'm itchin' to try one out. Thanks!
*theanimal*05

i can get sort of van halen style tone.
I did a video the other night and all im using is a legacy, a dunlop original wah and a ts9x as a solo boost.
watch the whole video and towards the end i guess you could sort of describe that as van halen?maybe.
all i know is that the tone on the bridge can be warm and brutal at the same time and with certain amounts of attack.
*theanimal*05

sorry forgot to include the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRAEmxtThkU
Eutow

Just for the heck of it, I suppose i will post a video of myself using my Legacy as well.

Legacy's are NOT sold through any dealer, you can only get them through the Carvin company itself. Though, lucky for me, someone sold this Legacy to Guitar Center, which I pick up for a fairly generous price for such a precious work of crafstmanship.

I have been able ot get quit a range of tones from this amp, i can go from super crappy, to super freakin' orgasmic in just a few turns of the nobs, its really good for almost anything that i've tried to get out of it.

also, you might want to check out the demo of Vai up on the Carvin website as well.

it surely is a one of a kind amp.
OnFire5210
Newcomer

Eutow wrote:Legacy's are NOT sold through any dealer, you can only get them through the Carvin company itself. Though, lucky for me, someone sold this Legacy to Guitar Center
Yeah, I know Carvin only sells direct, that's why I asked if any dealers had any used ones, like how you got yours.

Nice playing, theanimal05, but it's still very Vai-ish. I guess that's what I'd get from Vai's signature amp :?
GTR-MAN

I love my Legacy, freakin loud too. But I've never cared for VH's tone, especially after 1984 (last great VH album) so I've never tried, but I suppose it's possible. It's got great tone on it's own. Carvin will let you send it back if you are unsatisfied. I got mine on evilbay, thankfully I was very happy with it because I couldn't have sent it back of course. I have the combo and it's louder than any Marshall full stack I've played on. It's definitely not for apartment dwellers, which is me, so I don't get to use it much. Even on it's lowest setting it's way too loud for my neighbors.
Eutow

this doesn't capture much tone.

but you can sorta get the idea.

IE, I won't say this video has sucking playing, or great playing, its just.. a video...

-_- lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlSJ4XCFOA
bkornaker1977

i hear some nice tones in here..........

good job to the guys with the videos! nice stuff...............