Just ordered my keeley DS-1 :D

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
DiMarzio

Im SO psyked on it!! :D:D:D i cant wait!! Anyone here who has it and can tell me a little about it?
j.arledge

they are very very smooth , i had one that had keeley mod but it just didn't have the switch .

I have a ds-1 i amp modding to keeley specs so i can give it to my teacher in exchange for lessons .

I should have the parts today or monday , but i start college monday so i hope i get them today and get it finished by sunday .
bkornaker1977

i have the DS-1 ULTRA (with the extra toggle)......and it kicks but!

i use it only for boosting an already distorted dirty channel of an amp, just to pump up the solos and such, and it does the trick.

with the Ultra switch toggled on, it has a more fat, vintage OD sound....rather than the modded DS-1 sound. I prefer that setting for boosting solos and such, cause it sounds more cleaner and natural.....but it has ALOT of output on the Ultra switch!
Vegas_Blues

I have had poor luck getting tones that click with me out of Keeley's stuff.
I have the DS-1 Ultra, a Blues Driver and a TS9. I don't care for any of em. I went back to using a stock TS9. I also have a Keeley compressor, which is not even in the ballpark of my HomeBrew compressor or the AnalogMan Juicer. (all at a lower cost)
Obviously, to each his own, just giving you my experience with the stuff.
PS - Keeley is a wonderful dude to deal with, and he does quality work, the only thing I don't care for is how the stuff sounds.
williebee

I have the DS-1 Ultra Mod. I've been using it for a boost for solos over a distorted JCM 800 and love it . Nice warm sound. Also if you are using it on a clean sound you can set it up so it gives a little chunk to the clean and theres not a lot of hiss and noise. Works great for me. :peace
lespaulplus

bought one some time ago but still prefere the original japanese ones and you find them cheaper.

:D

www.marshallforum.com
GuitarDojo
Newcomer

I love mine. I use it front of my Laney VH-100R. I use it to try to cut through the mix during solos. < It is so hard to find a good sound man!

:P
j.arledge

the first ds-1 i had must have had ASE mode because i modded this ds-1 to ultra mode and it is pretty cool . a lot more clarity and gain .

i had already soldered in a cap and diode before i knew that if i wanted to add in a switch i should have put the leads to the switch where i soldered the cab and diode at . So no switch on mine , i think my teacher will like it and i may go ahead and go back and put the switch anyways depends on how board i am .
DiMarzio

Im not sure the word love is strong enought to describe the sound i get from this pedal :P The Tone is just incredible! :D
Splish

Everyone forgive my noobness here but... Keeley DS1? wha? :?
j.arledge

Splish wrote:Everyone forgive my noobness here but... Keeley DS1? wha? :?
steve has a keeley modded ds-1 that is a fairly large part to his sound(compared to his other effects and stuff) .

www.robertkeeley.com , you can look up the ds-1 mod and a bit about what it does.