legacy clip again! differnt tone!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
bkornaker1977

check it out, i tried to do a more of a JSX/satriani tone with this amp. the song is called " what if i had........"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=465137

im trying to get the amp to sound NOT so steve vai'ish. tell me what you think.
laficojr

Hey Dude, Just listened to your new song, Sounds great! As usual.. LOL
How Did you Record that cool Loop in the beggining? Samples?
I heard something about a software called Battery by Native Instruments, Have You heard about that? Its really expensive, but its worth the Money. Its a Drum Sampler but with high quality, and You can Use it with Sonar as a Plugin.
bkornaker1977

yeah, those are sampled loops. i took em from "Acid" software, and just uploaded it into Sonar. I thought it was a cool sound, instead of using the usuall " real" drum loops. this gave it a more techno/electronica feel.
laficojr

bkornaker1977 wrote:yeah, those are sampled loops. i took em from "Acid" software, and just uploaded it into Sonar. I thought it was a cool sound, instead of using the usuall " real" drum loops. this gave it a more techno/electronica feel.

Those Loops cames with the Software?
I want to expend some money In some cool "loop software"
So, It might be an option. You Should check the software I told you , BATTERY by Native Instruments
Jem-7vwh-agg

bkornaker1977 wrote:check it out, i tried to do a more of a JSX/satriani tone with this amp. the song is called " what if i had........"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=465137

im trying to get the amp to sound NOT so steve vai'ish. tell me what you think.

it sounds like vai trying to play a satriani song but fails :)
bkornaker1977

LOL! yup...........
*theanimal*05

great stuff you get an amazing tone. can i ask what volume your legacy was at too record.

sorry to through it off topic but i have gigantic garage and i can only put my legacy half stack on 2 max on the volume or i will impair my hearing no joke. is it really this loud! i hear people saying they have a small room with the legacy on 4!!!!!!! how is this possible without exploding!!!!!!!!

for instance vai wouldnt have his volume on over 1.5 in this video below. am i right in saying that.

http://www.vai.com/updates/vh-1_vids/vaiH-1.mov
tambokgt

*theanimal*05 wrote:great stuff you get an amazing tone. can i ask what volume your legacy was at too record.

sorry to through it off topic but i have gigantic garage and i can only put my legacy half stack on 2 max on the volume or i will impair my hearing no joke. is it really this loud! i hear people saying they have a small room with the legacy on 4!!!!!!! how is this possible without exploding!!!!!!!!

for instance vai wouldnt have his volume on over 1.5 in this video below. am i right in saying that.

http://www.vai.com/updates/vh-1_vids/vaiH-1.mov
power attenuator.
*theanimal*05

which part of my post are u referering to. are u saying vai is using an attenator on the video.
RAR!

*theanimal*05 wrote: sorry to through it off topic but i have gigantic garage and i can only put my legacy half stack on 2 max on the volume or i will impair my hearing no joke. is it really this loud! i hear people saying they have a small room with the legacy on 4!!!!!!! how is this possible without exploding!!!!!!!!
That part, I think.

If you want to get your Legacy cranked but still have quiet volumes, you need a power attenuator, like a Weber Mass 150 or THD Hotplate.
bkornaker1977

yeah, i use a marshall power break attenuator. i have my amps volume at 5, but the attenuator set to minimum level.