perfect noise supressor here!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
1118916GB

http://www.isptechnologies.com/decimatorpedal.htm

To get a clear lead tone, should I spend some money on a noise supressor? After all, when I do lets say Building the Church, some strings would ring. Plus, with distortion you can hear a hiss that can really kill your tone and can get annoying. This looks perfect. Do any of you have a noise supressor? If not, why not? Thanks for the input
purejem9
Newcomer

Yes,It would deaden the extra noise.
stu_hig

1118916GB wrote:http://www.isptechnologies.com/decimatorpedal.htm

To get a clear lead tone, should I spend some money on a noise supressor? After all, when I do lets say Building the Church, some strings would ring. Plus, with distortion you can hear a hiss that can really kill your tone and can get annoying. This looks perfect. Do any of you have a noise supressor? If not, why not? Thanks for the input
It would probably take away the hiss but the Building the Church thing sounds like a problem with your technique to me. But sure, if your getting a noisy tone a supressor would help. :)
NextStopEarth

I have a noise supressor, what it does is mute your signal when you're not playing above a certain volume. It won't help with flubbed or ringing extra strings.
bancika

I'm not really for noise reduction. One way or another they affect your tone. It's better to use good old way of lowering volume on guitar or something :)
just my 0.02
Mr. Wiggles

I think you guys are confusing noise gates and noise reducers. Noise gates do cut off your signal after a certain amount of time and/or level. A noise reducer just reduces all the hiss that you get with a high gain amp. People with 5150 amps like the rocktron hush unit because it doesn't affect tone. They are really cheap too.