Legacy 212 Vs. MTS 212

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
1118916GB

What is the difference other than the price range? Which is better? Is the Legacy more money because its known as Vai's amp?
knarfzednem

the mts is just voiced differently. instead of an all-tube signal, it uses clipping diodes to help voice it. it sounds a lot more harsh and bright compared to the legacy. it's great for heavier music. the layout is exactly the same and it has the about the same amount of available gain as the legacy. check out the clips on the Carvin site.
http://www.carvin.com/jamroom/
in my opinion, one isn't better than the other. i do connect with the legacy more because the tone is so honest. it gives you exactly how much you put into it, in terms of playing, style, and technique.(although, sometimes i like to cheat by using a ts9dx or a fulltone fatboost in front). but the legacy can only go so far, and that is where the MTS comes in. basically, for me, the MTS is more than enough to do metal. i think the price of the legacy is due to Steve. signature stuff is usually more expensive.