Login with a social network:

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show in Burnsville, MN?

please post your reviews here!

Vai.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:12 am 
Newcomer

It was a disappointing show.The venue was to small for a rock show turned up to 11.Everything felt like it was vibrating due to distortion from the instruments especially the bass.It sounded muddy and was difficult to hear the lead guitar.The two times that the lead guitar came through was on for the love of god and sisters or anytime the drums and bass dropped there volumes.Another distracting thing that kept happening and I hate to be that "guy" but the lead instrument and the backing guitar sounded to me to be out of tune 60 percent of the time.I think the show would of sounded much better using more pre recorded backing tracks or by having more musicians on stage playing at a lower volume.PAW is to much of a produced CD to accurately replicate it with four musician.It seems to me it would be to expensive to bring the required equipment to capture the sound of PAW live.I give Steve an A for effort as he definitely put on show as he always does but for this CD it just wasn't enough.PAW should be turned into a musical play like mamma mia not sure how successful it would be but could be an interesting show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 pm 
Newcomer

I was blown away. I have seen SV once before, years ago, and to see him in an intimate setting like this was great! His playing is like no others, obviously, and it was great to witness a true master of the instrument up close and personal. It was a tad loud, but considering the close proximity to the stage and drums, expected. The musicianship of the backing band was incredible, and a shout out has to go to the drummer, unbelievable!

Steve stayed for a while after the show at the front of the stage and interacted with the crowd, talking and laughing, and thanking them. He made everyone who stayed feel special, I've never seen that before. My girlfriend, who had never even heard of him, was blown away by this.

I loved every minute of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:17 pm 
Newcomer

Steve is the real deal. The fame and fortune has not gone to his head.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:09 am 

Can you guys tell me who opened for him? I can't seem to find any information on it, and I'm seeing him in Milwaukee tonight. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:18 am 
Newcomer

StevieRayVai wrote:
Can you guys tell me who opened for him? I can't seem to find any information on it, and I'm seeing him in Milwaukee tonight. Thanks!

I have been looking for this also, but haven't found a single thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 am 
Newcomer

StevieRayVai wrote:

no opening band for the MN show.They did play for like 3 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:14 pm 

Steve Vai was magnificent as always!!!! I've seen Steve perform at 3 other shows on the "Story of Light" tour and feel that this show seals his legacy as a guitar master. He clearly displayed virtuosity and imagination in his playing, but also showed a wonderful sense of humor during every song.

I particularly enjoyed the shout-outs on video by Joe Satriani and John Petrucci. Steve playing along with the ever-powerful video "For the Love of God" moved me to tears, while the opener, "Bad Horsie", and the energetic "Racing the World" viscerally cranked up the excitement of the entire audience.

Steve and his band very deliberately put in 100% effort into every show I've ever seen, and this one marks a fitting and wonderful tribute to his "Passion and Warfare" album. I enjoyed a delightful concert experience!!!! Congratulations on a FABULOUS PAW show, Steve, Dave, Philip and Jeremy!!!! :headbang :peace :guitar