Favorite guitarist of these 3....

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.

Who's your favorite of these 3 guitarists?

Jimi Hendrix
6%
Jimi Hendrix
6%
Jimi Hendrix
6%
Jimi Hendrix
6%
Steve Vai
17%
Steve Vai
17%
Steve Vai
17%
Steve Vai
17%
Joe Satriani
2%
Joe Satriani
2%
Joe Satriani
2%
Joe Satriani
2%

Total votes: 64
Bold_As_Love

My favorite is hendrix, he may not have as good as chops as Vai or Satch, but i love his songs.
Crestwood_Deluxe

Ohh no...bad poll.

There is no way I would put hendrix on a list with vai and satch.
Mitch1616

Crestwood_Deluxe wrote:Ohh no...bad poll.

y not? he's winning

i vited for him. I think hes the best thing that has ever happened to the music industry.
Ryan Layton
Banned

Ohh no...bad poll.

i think its a bad poll because you have two modern guitarists who have amazing chops and know all this theory. then you have hendrix. he didn't know that stuff but he was a big influence and EVERY guitarist knows who hendrix is. some people think that they have this responsibility to pick hendrix above anyone else because of his status in rock history so they will be biased to him no matter what. then there is the fact that this is a vai board so satch won't win many votes either.
Skyscraper

Fair point, but I voted for Satch. Hendrix was important and a huge influence on Satriani and Vai, while Vai's live show showcases impressive musicianship all round more than Satch's does where it's mostly focused on him. Don't get me wrong, I love Vai and I think he perhaps shows more complexity in his songwriting, but I prefer Satch's songs in general (not that the poll is about that, that's an aside) and more importantly, don't think there's much to separate them when you just focus upon what they're doing. The fact that Satriani taught Vai a lot of what he knows influences me as well. I'm sure with his dedication, Vai would have gone on to become fantastic anyway and he's right up there at least with Satriani now, but there can be little doubt that he must have taken a lot of cues technically from Joe to be the type of player he is now, even though Joe and Steve do go off in different directions in terms of what style of music they play. Although you can say Hendrix was the ultimate influence upon both of them, he doesn't have the chops they do, whereas between Joe and Steve there's little if anything in it, hence why I've picked Joe over Steve over Jimi.

EDIT: Excuse my ignorance there, I thought the poll was best guitarist rather than favourite guitarist. That means that rather than picking Joe over Steve over Jim, I'll pick, er... Joe over Steve over Jimi!

Fortunate coincidence that. :D
Mitch1616

im not beeing biased at all. Jimi infulenced me more then Vai and Satch and i like his music more.
Christer
Newcomer

Vai is the big influence on me... i actully dont enjoy hendrix`s music... he is a great guitarist, but he`s music?? vai does have great music and awsome songs.
resha

voted vai because his music always move my feelings; jimi and satch are incredible players but my taste told me "STEVE!"
his music is closer to my musical taste... and this it the only reason for my vote :)
ROCK KITTEN 76

not sure this is in the place guys

and i refuse to vote on things like this :x

who is the best, what is the best
sorry i see it everywhere on here and it fruistraits me, muchly

:?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

If you've spent much time ont hese forums, you'll see that these kind of polls are done to death. They are also irrelevant. You can't really say there is a "best", and art isn't a competition. Jimi, Steve and Joe have all contributed greatly to the realm of guitar music.

Apart from that, this is totally in the wrong forum, and it's already been discussed ad-nauseum.

Thread locked.

Mikey
vai.com