how fast can you play

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Bluepill

I can play this fast :lol:
mrblack

i lose table tennis 5/0 in under 30 seconds.

at the moment my guitar playing is about the same...i play a tele!

i'm in the wrong thread! i think... :?
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

getting a slide, putting it on the 1st fret of a 12-string with 24 frets, sliding it up in 1 second so thats uhm

288 a second:)
Js1000

i can get 16ths at 160 bpm cleanly, but that doesn't make me a good guitar player. It's what you do with that speed that makes the difference, not just the speed on it's own.
SalamanderExcess

How did i know there would be 170 replies in the first day of this thread, oh no! im one of them, why speed guys?? i mean, yea its fun to play but it doesnt matter, what would a girl be more impressed at....
Seeing a guy in the middle of the room standing on a table playing two notes a minor third apart at 100 miles an hour,.... or......
A guy sitting down playing soothing jazz? It's just soo much cooler!
Eutow

SalamanderExcess wrote:How did i know there would be 170 replies in the first day of this thread, oh no! im one of them, why speed guys?? i mean, yea its fun to play but it doesnt matter, what would a girl be more impressed at....
Seeing a guy in the middle of the room standing on a table playing two notes a minor third apart at 100 miles an hour,.... or......
well, do you play for yourself?

or for other people?
SalamanderExcess

For other people, and myself of course, but to impress myself, speeding doesnt do it, playing coool un-fast songs, doing blues jamming that makes sense, like note targetting instead of speeding, and also sitting down and figuring out songs, and thinking about how the whole system works. THAT is soo much more fun and satisfying for me than building even more speed which i will just never use.
Christophar

I play so many notes in one seconed that it looks and sounds like im just playing one note!
mi2tom

I'm officially the slowest guitarist in the whole wide world :mrgreen:
*theanimal*05

I can get 17nps but not very cleanly. thats alternate picking by the way. I need some boot camp speed training to get my chops cleaner.
Little_Dreamer

SalamanderExcess wrote:How did i know there would be 170 replies in the first day of this thread, oh no! im one of them, why speed guys?? i mean, yea its fun to play but it doesnt matter, what would a girl be more impressed at....
You're so damn right :wink: Did you ever play Chick Korea or George Benson?
MR4Y

I can play fast enough to "leech" cumpliments of people. counting how many notes you can play in one second is the same like you calculate the number of water on the ocean.
acoates

lobba wrote:HI
I have a question, how fast can you play?
Faster than you, motherfucker 8)
Bill Efting
Newcomer

I play only as fast the Wind spirits will me to go baby...

8)
1118916GB

I can play flight of the bumble bee waking up and getting out of bed. I can also do that while taking a drink and making breakfast. And a kickflip varial and typing on the computer. I'm doing it right now. Yea beat that you guys.