Acoustic Guitars And Practice

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
GuitarFromHell
Newcomer

Some people say that practicing guitar on an acoustic guitar is better!
Opinions on that?
laficojr

Well, I never thought about that lol
But, some things are really difficult to play on a Acoustic Guitar, so maybe if you learn something on a Acoustic Guitar, it would be easier to apply that to the Eletric Guitar. But anyway..
MarkRobinson

I wouldn't call it "better". Useful for certain applications for sure such as improving note conviction, stamina, finger strength, picking articulation and such....

But would it be "better" for learning how to play a Mattia Eklundh solo? Probably not....(with a couple of noticeable exceptions.)
Balex the Shizzle

Maybe not 'better'...but it would most certainly be VERY interesting to see someone try some Mattias solos on acoustic :lol:
Sweepinchord

Well 'better' if you keep in mind that you can keep it by your bedside and pick it up anytime. Acoustic guitar is great as you dont need to plug it into any amplifier to use it.
MarkRobinson

I don't plug my electric guitar in either. Play it unlugged 99% of the time. Honestly!
Stephen Brown

MarkRobinson wrote:I wouldn't call it "better". Useful for certain applications for sure such as improving note conviction, stamina, finger strength, picking articulation and such....

But would it be "better" for learning how to play a Mattia Eklundh solo? Probably not....(with a couple of noticeable exceptions.)
I'll go with that.