IA's whammybar+harmonics

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
-SkiZ-

anyone know the correct way to hit mattias eklundh's crazy harmonics? i've tried and managed to play the first part on The Grey Hat of Compromise, just to practice, but when i try on harmonics on the 3rd fret on the G and D string, i always get the stupid low 6th string to ring, and the harmonic just won't sound.. any advise on how to hit these fine fine sounds?

cheers
Steen

I don't know if you've read this already but here's his description of how to do them: http://freakguitar.com/licks.html
And the positions for the harmonics can be found to the right. :wink:
Balex the Shizzle

Theres some discussion of this at my site, the official fk forum - theres one method mattias uses which he lowers the bar, places his middle finger on the harmonic node, 'slaps' the string with his index finger, letting a harmonic ring out, then raises the bar. I'm not sure if hes doing this here, it sounds a bit clean for that - here I rekon hes just lowering the bar, hitting the harmonic and raising it - just practice controlling the pick hitting the string whilst holding the bar down.

EDIT: If you wanted to see if you could get mattias to answer you could come on forum.freakkitchen.com , or you could email him.
shredlord

Absolutely right... I've found a video of him showing some of his tricks, including the whammy-stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_1wENDIIM
-SkiZ-

ahhhhhhhhhh!! i actually have read and seen all those thing, but what i DIDN'T know is the index/middle finger stuff, I was trying to do it slapping the harmonic directly with my middle finger without any other finger touching the string (and it actually worked about once every 100 tries).
I'll be practicing that a lot.
Thanks alot for helping me, seriously.
cheers!