Freak show excess! cant find tab

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
eareshel

Can anybody here tell me, or help me find a tab of this excellent piece of work?
The song itself is not "nice"
Its just, frikkin awesome cool! :D
matsimpson

i have tabbed (badly) upto the clean guitar break which is in 17/16 - pretty stuck at the rhythm of that part. give me your email and il send it to you :)
beyondthenotes712

matsimpson wrote:i have tabbed (badly) upto the clean guitar break which is in 17/16 - pretty stuck at the rhythm of that part. give me your email and il send it to you :)
hmm, well you might be having trouble because its in 7/16 and then moves into more of a 7/8 feel for the solo :). As for the original topic, I'd pickup the back issues to Guitar World April '05 and May '05 where Steve explains a couple pieces of the song (with tab).
matsimpson

no sh*t? i must have horribly bad hearing then cus i was sure vai sed 17/16 on the video of him. (cant post the link cus its bootleg material and im a good widdle boy : :P ) also being english i cant get the guitar world thing..
beyondthenotes712

nope, not bad hearing :D ... he does say 17/16 but he corrects himself later when he starts playing the riff. oh and just FYI the GW thing was for the original poster 8) hope you can make sense of the tab now.
matsimpson

thanks haha that 17/16 thing was giving me hell tabbing it out. *back to work*
laficojr

Good Luck dude.
If there's something I could do...
Just shout!
Splish

i have tabbed (badly) upto the clean guitar break which is in 17/16 - pretty stuck at the rhythm of that part. give me your email and il send it to you
Could you perhaps do the same for me :)
matsimpson

sure thing, just send me a PM with your email adress.
matsimpson

sorry for the double post. i wont be sending this tab to anyone for a while because its so unfinished, so if you pm me i wont mail it to you for a good while yet, until its upto a decent point
thanks
mat
Splish

theres a couple of videos on the internet of Vai demoing parts of freak show excess if anyone wants to use them as help when working it out?

Most of you have probably seen them alreaady lol, but mail me if you want the URL, being were not aloud to send them across the forum
matsimpson

yeah i used them. if anyone wants to take the "flame" i will email them the tab and they can continue work on it for me, cus frankly its f***ing hard!

just pm me with your email!
Splish

I just happen to have the ENTIRE Real Illusion tab book, so i'll try copying Freak Show Excess tab out for you lovely people soon :D
Cleggy

Splish wrote:I just happen to have the ENTIRE Real Illusion tab book, so i'll try copying Freak Show Excess tab out for you lovely people soon :D
..yeah as if!
Splish

you want a picture?