Right hand vision

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
LP45Z
Newcomer

Recently saw a Steve Vai Lesson on a local cable channel. He spoke about right and left hands needing "vision". The ablilty for each hand to "see" the fretboard/strings both together and independant of each other. If thats the case my right hand (picking) is in the dark a bit. Alt picking and accuracy have never been very Ez. Any suggestions on improving right hand coordination and that "vision" Vai talks about. Thanks.
klangmaster TM

On which channel? When? Why we didn't knew about that? :) Seriously, i've never seen or even heard about technical lesson from Steve :D
LP45Z
Newcomer

Comcast on demand cable has a section on guitar playing. Celebrity lessons is one of the features under the Guitar World section. They've had everyone from Billy Gibbons to Buckethead to Satch to Wylde. Vai appears discussing his piece "Freak Show Excess". It was inspired by his interest in Bulgarian wedding music apparently. He talks about developing the solo for that tune. He's at his studio jamming away and demonstrating his killer technique.
YaiYaiYai
Banned

explain what post #1 said

fully

dont get what he means
LP45Z
Newcomer

I think Vai is talking about how important picking accuracy is. Its as if your
right (or left) picking hand has to have "eyes of its own" knowing where and how pick in conjuction w/ the other hand. If the picking hand lags behind your tone, clearity and accuracy goes down the toliet.

I can relate cuz my picking is something i have to work at real hard to keep it in step w/ everything else. Looking for suggestion on improving picking and this "Vision" Vai refers to....
Balex the Shizzle

i dno, i tend to find picking hand needs relavively little help to do what it does, it tends to find the right strings and stuff - just practice i guess.

Tapping however i do need to look at my right hand, so that could be one feature of this vision i dont have...
YaiYaiYai
Banned

trying playing chromatically up the board and it soon realise at faster speed im crap

Most likey as i had my Solo performance today and last nigh was first time i get near my guitar cos of Exams
feratu

I have 20/30 vision in my right hand.
PifleChien

I have a contact lens on mine.

Now, that's a bit silly, and I shall not tolerate it.