Mattias Eklundh's site.

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
SalamanderExcess

Hey I recommend that everyone checkout this part of mattias's site, it has the weirdest scales and licks ever!
www.freakguitar.com
Then go on scales/licks
Enjoy :!:
BobsterLobster

SalamanderExcess wrote:Hey I recommend that everyone checkout this part of mattias's site, it has the weirdest scales and licks ever!
www.freakguitar.com
Then go on scales/licks
I wasn't really impressed with that part of the site, they're not very useful in one octave, and there's often no context... for example, what's the difference between gypsy scale and the double harmonic? However, the guy sounds more and more interesting as I look at the rest of the site... is there anywhere where I can listen to some demo audio clips?
SalamanderExcess

I know what you mean, being as crazy as i am, i figured out them all over the neck and i think i know them, but it is hard work i guess. I aint sure about sound clips, but he is worth a listen, his music is sooo surreal and very technically sound. Highly recommend him!
GuitarMofo23

Go to Steve's Favored Nations website and look him up. There is a video for "Print This!" and you can sample a few of his songs. He is a really awesome player! :D
BobsterLobster

Wow! One of the most interesting musicians I've heard in a while, I think I'm going to have to order this CD.
What the hell is up with his tour though, all over Europe, India, America... what's wrong with the UK exactly?!
b2

- what's wrong with the UK exactly?!

Well.. one thing.. you drive on the wrong side of the road :wink:
mi2tom

BobsterLobster wrote:
SalamanderExcess wrote:Hey I recommend that everyone checkout this part of mattias's site, it has the weirdest scales and licks ever!
www.freakguitar.com
Then go on scales/licks
I wasn't really impressed with that part of the site, they're not very useful in one octave, and there's often no context... for example, what's the difference between gypsy scale and the double harmonic? However, the guy sounds more and more interesting as I look at the rest of the site... is there anywhere where I can listen to some demo audio clips?
www.favorednations.com/artists/me/me_media.html
metallicafan647

It also always bothered me that the scales are only in 1 octave.
GuitarMofo23

Eh come on its not that hard to double the one octave and make it two.