satriani - technically good?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Zebula77

...or so they can be licked...
burnt out

boswell wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote: [/color]
Phew, that's a hard one....a question up there with 'why does god kill kittens' and 'why do men have nipples'?
Thats easy..........God doesn't exist!

Men have nipples so they can be tweeked on cold days inflicting reasonable pain
[/quote]

atheists/communists,occultists/nazis,fascists,and heavy metal sucks :lol:

Pagans were trying to take over the entire world before monotheism ever existed.

Stalin alone is proof that atheists are fucked up.

Don't like it? Suck it.
boswell

Standby for some intelligent debate guys! :wink:
GregN

ha...

you have no idea.
lydian2000

boswell wrote:Standby for some intelligent debate guys! :wink:
"amen" to that, actually some posts help me determine the age of the author quite easily.
GregN

burnt out wrote:

Don't like it? Suck it.
hm... a complete irrational stereotype
o how could one come up with such brillant logic :roll:
lydian2000 wrote: "amen" to that, actually some posts help me determine the age of the author quite easily.

im guessing 10.
burnt out

There's nothing at all to debate.This forum isn't designed for people to come on here and bash God,sorry to break it to you,you smug little punk.

If you like Communism or Nazism then you should probably just think about suicide anyway.

You aren't really going to sit there and defend Communism and Nazism on top of your already ABUSE of this forum by using to bash God,are you?

Look,fuck off,m'kay?

I'm going to report your bullshit to the mods.How do you like that?

suck it mofo,suck it raw!

:lol:
notavirtuoso

And all of this relates to Satch and the technical level of his playing how?
burnt out

notavirtuoso wrote:And all of this relates to Satch and the technical level of his playing how?
Exactly.I already reported it to the mods too because it's bullshit.The thread was about Satriani not how much these fuckers don't believe in God.No one cares if about their shitty beliefs.They need to fuck off with that shit.

So yeah Satch is a fine player. 8)
sixxstringer
Newcomer

willbrowne81 wrote:me and my friend where having a heated discusion regarding technically good guitar players. i put the point that the following where truely technically amazing. shawn lane, steve vai, rusty cooley ,john petrucci ,buckethead and satriani. now he said satriani isnt very technically and argued that zakk wylde is to a great degree.
i've read alot of articles about satch and from what and read and his songs i'velearnt i'd say his has a deep understanding of technical aspects of the guitar and theroy.

what do you guys think?

bear in mind my friend also said that he thought the thin lizzy boys where the most melodic guitars on the planet....hum yep for the love of god has no melody neither does always with me always with you.

I think Joe has an excellent technical command over the guitar.

boswell

burnt out wrote:There's nothing at all to debate.This forum isn't designed for people to come on here and bash God,sorry to break it to you,you smug little punk.

If you like Communism or Nazism then you should probably just think about suicide anyway.

You aren't really going to sit there and defend Communism and Nazism on top of your already ABUSE of this forum by using to bash God,are you?

Look,fuck off,m'kay?

I'm going to report your bullshit to the mods.How do you like that?

suck it mofo,suck it raw!

:lol:
I have never read any debate from you on this forum, only insults, then you usually run crying to the "mods" yet you always appear to "cast the first stone"!
No "bashing" of God, just the pointing out that the debating of Gods existence is like the debate wether Satriani is technically good, or not. It's only an opinion of the individual where neither can prove that their view is correct.
To some Satch is a musical Buffoon! others put him on a pedestal and worship like a God.
I personally think he is a relatively technical player whose music will be forgotten in years to come unless tastes alter significantly.
GregN

burnt out wrote:
Pagans were trying to take over the entire world before monotheism ever existed.
im sorry, but are you now implying that monotheism is completely created by humans and therefore its validilty is completely subjective jsut like evryother religion?

when were pagans trying to "take over the world" anyway? crusades?
wouldnt that be christianity trying to take over the world?
:roll:

but anyway.....

I personally am i big fan of satriani's. While i definietly have to agree that his old stuff is better, i think he'll surprise us with something great soon.
burnt out

GregN wrote:
burnt out wrote:
when were pagans trying to "take over the world" anyway?
What are you retarded? Seriously that's the single dumbest thing I've ever heard anybody say ever.

but anyway.....

I personally am i big fan of satriani's. While i definietly have to agree that his old stuff is better, i think he'll surprise us with something great soon.
Yeah,that's true.Funny spelling and grammar though. :lol:
GregN

burnt out wrote:
GregN wrote:
burnt out wrote:
when were pagans trying to "take over the world" anyway?
What are you retarded? Seriously that's the single dumbest thing I've ever heard anybody say ever.
Now, now. instead of personal attacks lets try and back our points up.

burnt out wrote: Yeah,that's true.Funny spelling and grammar though. :lol:
Where i may lack in grammar, ill try to make up for it by not being an ignorant prick. :roll:

burnt out wrote: What are you retarded? Seriously that's the single dumbest thing I've ever heard anybody say ever.
burnt out wrote:
Id have to say the above statement is arguably dumber since you are implying that since one person decided to order mass genocide on his people, everyone who denies the existence of a higher being is "fucked up"

but really, this should probably just end before someone gets banned.
And on top of that i feel like im arguing with a 10 year old who just learned to curse. :roll:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

burnt out wrote:
There's nothing at all to debate.This forum isn't designed for people to come on here and bash God,sorry to break it to you,you smug little punk.

Correct. And at the same token, this forum isn't designed to bash atheists, muslims, jews or any other group of people, least of all with personal attacks like displayed in this thread.

Keep thy religion to thyself.

Closed

:evil: