STEVE VAI 10 HOURS ROUTINE WORKOUT

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
drake

Can some1 help me where i can get this?I want practice like Mr.vai.And 30 hours also.
Duranium

Steve Vai studied when he was young 10 or 15 hours at day, he divided this time in exercises, musical theory, scales, reading music and improvisation.
Around 2 hours for everything, and later he wants the most strangest things on the guitar...
Optiquest

Your can find the 10 hour workout on the power tab archive site, if you email me I can send you some scans of the 30 hour, although not complete

He divides things up like this on the 30 hour

Exercises
Scales
chords
Ear
Reading
Writing
Theory
Jamming
SPQR

dude i so want that back issue of the vai 10 hour workout, but i cant get the money together because im saving for a jem555wh.

Do u know where i can get the full copy of it for free.
markelia

Guys, there's no ultra guitar wisdom in SV's 10 hour workout; it just explains the following:

1. SV spent a lot of time playing hundreds of permutations of 1,2,3,4 across and up and down the fretboard;
2. SV played all chords, scales, and arpeggios in all positions and all keys;
3. SV played melodic sequences in all keys and positions;
4. SV played intervals in all keys and positions;
5. SV concentrated on picking;
6. SV concentrated in slurring;
7. SV played a lot of songs;
8. SV transcribed a lot of songs;
9. SV improvised a lot.
Duranium

but Steve Vai transcribed a lot of music, when he was the guitarist of Frank Zappa...and Zappa teach him...that's an very important advantage...
smash505

no offence to anyone but these 10 hour workouts dont seem to make much sence, just seems like alot of stirct practicing scales and picking fast, its better to learn by playing songs and jamming with other musos.