Would you buy a jem BLIND???

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
NOT!!!

Hi!

I have a little problem here! I live in germany and the JEMs here are about $2899 (well we have Euro here, but I calculated it into dollars just to show the dimensions...). I saw, that in america they are about $1899!

That would be great.

BUT: Can I buy a JEM 7VWH without having played it and get a good one? Well, I´ve heared there are some good and bad JEMs around the world (like it is with every guitar....except PRS :mrgreen:).

So can I risk it or is the quote too high to get a bad one???
jemgirl

oh yes my friend definitly!! you can buy a jem with blinkers on!!
there good , there so good.don`t be scared.

peace,
patricia :wink:
b2

Yes just order a Jem7vwh from www.music123.com and you will be a very happy man :D
I have bought many guitars from USA.
The total price for us here in Norway is:
USA price + transport + 25% tax of both

Just find out how much tax you have to pay and go for it! :wink:
miker

I special ordered a Jem 7VWH without ever playing or seeing one, except on the internet.

It's my favorite guitar, and I have 7.

So, I would say... yes.
GTR-MAN

I ordered mine blind and never looked back. though sometimes the factory setups suck but it was a good thing as it forced me to learn how to set up my own guitars. I want more Jems, they just feel great and play even better.
NOT!!!

wow, so that seems to be cool!

Well, with the taxes...I´ll look, that they can send it to me as a gift, but fully insured, so I don´t have to pay the taxes I think!

You only have to if you really buy something there or get something repaired.

I really hope that works ;).
Big Bad Bill

I've bought two guitars blind (one of which was an Ibanez J Custom). Now, I would NEVER buy without seeing and playing a guitar again. I couldn't survive another broken heart!
Lucky

Hey NOT!!!, I feel like an idiot. When I first read the title on your post I thought you were going to claim that the only reason we buy Jems is for thier looks and not thier sound...if we couldn't see there would be no reason to buy one. lol

Aaanyway, yeah man I bought my DBK from Rich Harris at "Ibanez Rules" and I've been happy as a clam (are clams really *that* happy?) with it. :D
green_meanie

NEW = yes
USED = no
NOT!!! wrote:Hi!

I have a little problem here! I live in germany and the JEMs here are about $2899 (well we have Euro here, but I calculated it into dollars just to show the dimensions...). I saw, that in america they are about $1899!

That would be great.

BUT: Can I buy a JEM 7VWH without having played it and get a good one? Well, I´ve heared there are some good and bad JEMs around the world (like it is with every guitar....except PRS :mrgreen:).

So can I risk it or is the quote too high to get a bad one???
miker

green_meanie wrote:NEW = yes
USED = no
Very good point.
keithb

I bought my Jem blind, and I definately do not regret it.

Usually I wouldn't buy a guitar without having played it, but I wasn't able to find any stores in the area that stocked Jems.
GGGrev

I would buy a Jem blind.
Big Bad Bill

I have a friend who works in the consumer industry as a lawyer. I asked him about this and the law and he suggested that if there was a problem with the JEM and you'd bought it blind, a court would look upon that as the action of an idiot! Caveat Emptor-'let the buyer beware'.

After all the hassle I've had with FX, guitars, expensive cables etc etc, I think it's worth paying £30 more knowing you can take any defective device back to a local retailer who can deal with shipping, calling people etc etc. I've got better things to do like play my guitars!

By way of example, I know someone who sent their guitar back to Europe by courier since it was faulty. When it arrived there they called him and advised him that the unprotected trem arm had fallen out of the compartment in the case and gouged huge chunks of finish and generally scratched his axe to bits-and they were not liable! I've never seen a grown man weep so much!
keithb

Big Bad Bill wrote:I have a friend who works in the consumer industry as a lawyer. I asked him about this and the law and he suggested that if there was a problem with the JEM and you'd bought it blind, a court would look upon that as the action of an idiot! Caveat Emptor-'let the buyer beware'.

I think the buyer has an expectation that he/she will not be delivered damaged goods. By your argument, every time you mail order something, the company could send you a bag full of rocks, and then claim it was your fault for not buying it in person - caveat emptor!
miker

I guess I should clarify... I special ordered mine from a local retailer. That way I felt comfortable that if there was a problem, they would make it right.

I did have to agree that I would not be able to return it as it was a special order, but I would have to be happy with the merchandise and it would have to be free from defects (it's like, if the guitar is perfect... and you decide you just don't like the model... you can't return it -- and I got a Jem outta the box without defects and why would I ever want to return it?!?!). It worked out well for me.

Mail order is a little more painful to deal with, and requires a bit more patience and effort.

So I did buy it blind... but I didn't order it through the mail.