Just got my RG550...

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
GGGrev

It's unassembled cos shipping from the US to Australia with the guitar in it's 'normal' condition cost heaps, so yeah, this is how it came and it has Evo bridge, Chopper single and Air Zone neck, it should be a very nice sounding guitar! :D
cho_888

very nice how much did it set you back, i have an RG570 cant complain, good luck putting it together
GGGrev

Yeah, I NEED good luck alright, haha. :lol:

And it set me back $550 Aus, forgot what it was in American dollars...
cho_888

no Australian dollars in good i am an aussy. wow where did you buy it from, i want a good second guitar how can i find one like that for that price!!! how much was shipping
GGGrev

Shipping = included in the cost. :D And yeah, no taxes and customs either! :D :D :D
cho_888

how the hell did you do that may i ask? where did you buy it from?
GGGrev

Imported from the US, and I got it from http://www.jemsite.com, go to the classifieds section and have a look.

Becareful though, many of the people that are selling stuff and only have like a few posts are quite suspicious, just my opinion anyway.

And oh, my name is 'Grev' there. :D

And I'm thinking to get more high end RGs there as well, as I know that with shipping and everything (even customs and taxes), it would still be cheaper buying from a music store in Australia! :evil:
cho_888

awomse i will check it out, my name is peter. have you put it together yet, i would love to see the finish product.

Edit: i see you are a photographer, we will have lots to talk about. lol
GGGrev

Haha, ok, I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about since we're both into guitars and photography! Haha.

And no, haven't put it together yet, I just got it today, come on! :lol: And I'm not at home at the moment anyway, so yeah... :?

And yeah, go and check out the cheap high end RGs for sale! :twisted:
cho_888

yeah i will i want a prestige with a neck thru!! i also have a ,maton messiah. now thats a nice guitar. iw ill add you to my msn as soon as the stupid thing lets me sign in
GGGrev

Hey, I don't think MSN is working for anybody right now, as no one can sign in... :lol:

Neck thru will be a lot more expensive on the shipping, but I think still cheaper than buying it here, but you should do some research first, just a bit of advice. :wink:

And I don't know anything about Matons, so sorry... :(
cho_888

hahah thats fine. lol. but yeah i really want a neck thru for the extra sustain. my guitar tends to lack sustain and is really noticable when you play guitars with hard tail bridges
GGGrev

JUST GET THAT LES PAUL! :twisted:
metallicafan647

Woah, it's been a while since I signed into here -

I just got an RG550 of the Jemsite also, shipped from America, I' am in the UK.

Guess what? I got £70 on customs, pretty steep. :)
jemgirl

hey GGGrev,you mean when the guitar is shipped unassembled,the tax-cost will be low?

cheers,
patricia