yesterday was one of the best days of my life

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
the secret of love

i went to this new immense guitar shop in edinburgh called guitarguitar, well it had loads of lovely strats, zakk wylde signature epiphone and gibson, joe perry signature gibson, double necked epiphone, kirk hammet ESP which has now been sold, and best of all an Ibanez JS 100, JS 1000 JS 1200 (never seen before 'cos it is new and edinburgh is a shit place fur guitar shops, untill now) a JEM555 and a JEM7VWH both of which i have never seen before and are totally sweet!!!
markmcg

Yeah it's a fab shop, they have a nice little collection of Tom Andersons too as well as Collings acoustics.

Top range instruments featured in a shop in Scotland for a change :)

Cheers
Mark.
the secret of love

oh yeah, those tom andersons or whatever were 'kin nice, it is a great shop
Jay_See2004

Ahh! I live in Scotland, where is this shop? Geez an address please!

Cheers

Joe
RoadStarII

yum... Ibanez....

still feel week at the knees when I walk into a store and see a jem sitting there ( or LGM, Seeing the work Jeremy does in person still amazes me)
the secret of love

yeah, i looooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee jems, i showed my friend one, and he goes, "that is the fucking coolest guitar i have seen in my entire life"

this shop is at
283-287 St. Johns Rd
Corstorphine
Edinburgh
EH12 7XF
Logic

Look at all the Scots!!!! I would LOVE to go to Scotland as would my wife. As she is a Scot. Change of subject I know. anyway.

Yours in fellowship.
Skyscraper

Hey there,
How much are the JEM and JS guitars if I may ask? There's no way I can afford one right now (actually, I mean that in terms of time rather than just money for the next couple of months at least!), but if I were to get a JEM7VWH (that seems to be the one I'd prefer at the moment) or a JS (though I'd rather have anything with 24 frets and a whammy bar that pulls both up and down, hence the preference for a JEM), then it'd be nice to know how much I should be expected to have in my piggy bank the next time I make it back to Auld Reekie.

Cheers for any replies (a phone number for the place would suffice!),
Steven.
the secret of love

Skyscraper wrote:Hey there,
How much are the JEM and JS guitars if I may ask? There's no way I can afford one right now (actually, I mean that in terms of time rather than just money for the next couple of months at least!), but if I were to get a JEM7VWH (that seems to be the one I'd prefer at the moment) or a JS (though I'd rather have anything with 24 frets and a whammy bar that pulls both up and down, hence the preference for a JEM), then it'd be nice to know how much I should be expected to have in my piggy bank the next time I make it back to Auld Reekie.

Cheers for any replies (a phone number for the place would suffice!),
Steven.
they are both around 1400 (JS) to 1700 (JEM), but remember the joe satriani whammy bar does pull up, but the JEM whammy bar pulls up a wee bit more, like a semitone, i suggest looking here, www.gak.co.uk
Logic

The whammy om my RG will pull up until all the strings break!! I beleive both the Satch and Jem will too. Hence the backstop in the Jem Mr. Vai uses..
http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages ... _LRG03.jpg

Yours in fellowship
Pro-string strummer

Yeah... well.... they don't carry Jem's in canada!!!! NOOOOOO

even if they do... NOT WHERE I AM
Jay_See2004

This is a good shop in Scotland, Glasgow to be exact.
http://www.guitarstrings.co.uk/index.asp
JEMs are pretty cheap here for Scotland, cheapest place I've seen them. Are they cheaper at that new shop?

Logic:
Yea, we're all in hiding, waiting for a moment to strike and steal all the JEMs in the world!:lol:

Joe
Vaiper

merchy music (above link) is the best. all the staff are great and they actually KNOW what their talkin about. I often go in after band practice to drool, they have a guitar hidden in the corner with a locking trem that i want,its like a budget model only 129 or sumthin but unfortuneatly im not allowed to have another guitar until i get my own place