NGD!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Guitarmiester

I've had an Epiphone LP for quite a few years that's been sitting in its hard shell case or on a stand while playing my RG's. Finally decided to sell the guitar and was offered this Ibanez EX3700TP plus cash for my Epi.

The guitar looks, plays, and sounds great. I believe these were made for a short time in the early 90's and are on par with the 550's. Pics don't give the finish justice. It has this really nice transparent dark purple burst.

- Maple Neck
- Maple Fretboard
- TRS Low Pro

It has an EX Pro neck that feels, surprisingly, like an Ibanez Jem7V. It's not as wide as the neck found on a 550. Enough talking, here's some pics. They aren't the best pics in the world, took them with my phone.

Here's a group shot of my RG's.

teokiatuan

EX? don't think i've ever heard of those before..

nice score
Guitarmiester

I've only heard of them once before. The only info I could pull up on them is from an old '93 Ibanez catalog.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1993/ex_3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sure as hell can't complain. The guitar plays and feels great. I'd take another over almost any low-mid level guitar Ibanez has been producing for the past 10 years.
Starlia

LO-TRS... Oh well,... Nice looking guitar ruined by a piece of sh1t bridge.
Guitarmiester

What's so bad about the trem? The guy had the guitar professionally setup even though he rarely played it. The trem stays in tune fine. I can dive, pull up, flutter, etc. and the thing stays in tune. Maybe I'm missing something? It's not even close to the mess of a trem on my RG350 (Edge III). The Edge III was so bad I had to block it. I've yet to see/have an issue with the lo-trs.
Starlia

Guitarmiester wrote:What's so bad about the trem?
Better ask what's not wrong with that trem =)

Well, it's OK but Lo-Pro Edge and original Edge are the best. Visit jemsite.com and search for topics about the Lo-Trs and you'll see.

I've played with a few guitars with Lo-Trs, Lo-Trs II and Edge III and never got them right. That's why my Ibanez's have Lo-Pros and Edge.
Guitarmiester

I don't see a point in checking out reviews when I've got a certain piece of gear in my hands to base decisions my own decisions off of. It may not have an original Edge trem, but fail to have a problem with the Lo-TRS yet.
cosmic ape

I used to think the edge III was just o.k., until I got a prestige guitar with an edge pro... Now I think it's a piece of crap, even though I have managed to keep the thing stable, for the most part...

Now, if you've had the chance of trying all of Ibanez' tremolos and you still think the Lo-trs is a good one, then well, that's good I guess... I've never tried it myself, so I don't know
Guitarmiester

The Edge III on my 350 stayed stable for 2 months, if that. I rarely use the trem, but the Edge III required me to re-tune after only two songs. Even being setup 3+ times a month, the trem had to be blocked. I like the neck on my 350, which is why I put up with the Edge III trem.

The Lo-TRS is very smooth. The guitar is from the early 90's, I doubt anything is going to change anytime soon.
bennyvx78

pretty,, the guitar is very pretty man. me like it.
Guitarmiester

Thanks! The EX on the headstock kinda ruins it though.
Logic

You know, Thats the deal. Ibanez guitars are great guitars especially for the money.
Kinda like a Corvette. Corvettes are the most horse power you can get for the money.
To get a guitar that has all an Ibanez has in another brand you'd have to spend way more money.
Thus when someone has an Epiphone brand Les Paul they can trade two RGs and your kid sister for it.
Weird...