Page 2 of 2

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:07 pm
by leigh01
jemgirl wrote:
leigh01 wrote:
jemgirl wrote:i do the same...and every now and than i use fastfred.
Fast frets lovely when your string just start to get gritty.
or when youre fingers feels sticky :P
Lol, I remeber when I first started guitar and got fastfret, My fingers were sticky and not running smooth, so i put the fast fret on my fingers lol, It juust made my fingers sticker lol.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:17 pm
by notavirtuoso
I generally throw all of my guitars in the back of the truck and run through an automatic car wash. I tend to not use the hot wax option though. :wink:

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:07 pm
by vaiisgod8
you are supposed to clean these things too?

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm
by llamahead
bkornaker1977 wrote:lemon oil for the fretboard........

lemon oil makes a old dry fretboard nice and moist again. Actually, lemon oil is a pretty common ingrediant in alot of wood polishes, but for the fretboard, i like to use 100% pure concentrated lemon oil.

makes the fretboard look like new again. You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.

Those are my main 2 cleaners.......lemon oil, and rubbing alcohol. LOL
aww!!! what an idiot!!!!
i looked in the food/spices aisle!!! :lol:
thanks alot!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:33 am
by Big Bad Bill
llamahead wrote: You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.
Those are my main 2 cleaners.......lemon oil, and rubbing alcohol. LOL
Hang on-guitar lemon oil and lemon oil for consumption are not quite the same things are they? Guitar lemon oil has things like linseed oil and some sort of volatile agents to help with cleaning the crud off your fingerboard. Lemon oil for flavouring cakes etc doesn't have these things in-in fact I'm wondering if the sugar in food lemon oil won't just make your 'board sticky and horrid! Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:50 am
by bkornaker1977
im refering to the lemon oil in the cleaning isle....they are found near the other wood cleaners and polishes (pledge, windex, etc)

just make sure the bottle says 'lemon oil polish"

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:18 am
by bkornaker1977
the brand that i use, and can be found in most grocery stores is "formby's lemon oil polish"

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:07 pm
by llamahead
Big Bad Bill wrote:
llamahead wrote: You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.
Those are my main 2 cleaners.......lemon oil, and rubbing alcohol. LOL
Hang on-guitar lemon oil and lemon oil for consumption are not quite the same things are they? Guitar lemon oil has things like linseed oil and some sort of volatile agents to help with cleaning the crud off your fingerboard. Lemon oil for flavouring cakes etc doesn't have these things in-in fact I'm wondering if the sugar in food lemon oil won't just make your 'board sticky and horrid! Can anyone confirm or refute this?
i didn't write that :?

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 pm
by Big Bad Bill
Sorry-my mistake!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 pm
by miker
llamahead wrote:i didn't write that :?
Well... now you did. :lol:

FasFret

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:52 am
by gelo
What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?
does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?


Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: FasFret

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:00 am
by Big Bad Bill
gelo wrote:What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?
Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogu ... ductId=489
Does it really matter if Dr Vai uses it or not? You don't want to copy him do you? :wink:

Re: FasFret

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm
by gelo
Big Bad Bill wrote:
gelo wrote:What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?
Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Does it really matter if Dr Vai uses it or not? You don't want to copy him do you? :wink:
Hey bro, thanks for the info. Your asking me if i want to copy mr vai? That's a secret..Thanks bro! You've been helpful..