Guitar Cleaning

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
leigh01

jemgirl wrote:
leigh01 wrote:
jemgirl wrote:i do the same...and every now and than i use fastfred.
Fast frets lovely when your string just start to get gritty.
or when youre fingers feels sticky :P
Lol, I remeber when I first started guitar and got fastfret, My fingers were sticky and not running smooth, so i put the fast fret on my fingers lol, It juust made my fingers sticker lol.
notavirtuoso

I generally throw all of my guitars in the back of the truck and run through an automatic car wash. I tend to not use the hot wax option though. :wink:
vaiisgod8

you are supposed to clean these things too?
llamahead

bkornaker1977 wrote:lemon oil for the fretboard........

lemon oil makes a old dry fretboard nice and moist again. Actually, lemon oil is a pretty common ingrediant in alot of wood polishes, but for the fretboard, i like to use 100% pure concentrated lemon oil.

makes the fretboard look like new again. You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.

Those are my main 2 cleaners.......lemon oil, and rubbing alcohol. LOL
aww!!! what an idiot!!!!
i looked in the food/spices aisle!!! :lol:
thanks alot!!!!
Big Bad Bill

llamahead wrote: You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.
Hang on-guitar lemon oil and lemon oil for consumption are not quite the same things are they? Guitar lemon oil has things like linseed oil and some sort of volatile agents to help with cleaning the crud off your fingerboard. Lemon oil for flavouring cakes etc doesn't have these things in-in fact I'm wondering if the sugar in food lemon oil won't just make your 'board sticky and horrid! Can anyone confirm or refute this?
bkornaker1977

im refering to the lemon oil in the cleaning isle....they are found near the other wood cleaners and polishes (pledge, windex, etc)

just make sure the bottle says 'lemon oil polish"
bkornaker1977

the brand that i use, and can be found in most grocery stores is "formby's lemon oil polish"
llamahead

Big Bad Bill wrote:
llamahead wrote: You can find it at almost any local grocery store in the cleaner section for about $5 a bottle.
Hang on-guitar lemon oil and lemon oil for consumption are not quite the same things are they? Guitar lemon oil has things like linseed oil and some sort of volatile agents to help with cleaning the crud off your fingerboard. Lemon oil for flavouring cakes etc doesn't have these things in-in fact I'm wondering if the sugar in food lemon oil won't just make your 'board sticky and horrid! Can anyone confirm or refute this?
i didn't write that :?
Big Bad Bill

Sorry-my mistake!
miker

llamahead wrote:i didn't write that :?
Well... now you did. :lol:
gelo
Newcomer

What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?
does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?

Replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Big Bad Bill

gelo wrote:What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?
http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogu ... ductId=489
Does it really matter if Dr Vai uses it or not? You don't want to copy him do you? :wink:
gelo
Newcomer

Big Bad Bill wrote:
gelo wrote:What is fasfret? does it help a guitar player to easily slide through strings?does mr.vai uses it during practice and large concerts?
Does it really matter if Dr Vai uses it or not? You don't want to copy him do you? :wink:
Hey bro, thanks for the info. Your asking me if i want to copy mr vai? That's a secret..Thanks bro! You've been helpful..