Looking for a new guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Dthreap

Well I have been playing the guitar for 2 years now. I currently have a started kit Jay Turser. I really want to get a new one because this guitar just isn't what I want to play anymore, basicly it doesnt want to let the sound output for a medium to long period of time and the strings are a mile away from the neck. I have been looking at an Ibanez 370 DX but I would like some input on what other people think. I like to play rock/grungle/metal and I have around $500 to spend.

Thanks!
stu_hig

As a rule of thumb, you generally can't go wrong with Ibanez. You won't be disapointed! :)
Dthreap

hah, well what would be a good ibanez for me? I was told RG500 or above series guitar are a good guitar on dav weiners site.
Jason Honaker

I have a vintage Gibson V (25 years old) that I'm thinking about selling.. 8) ...But seriously, if you are really interested in going with the Ibanez line, then check out some of the higher end RG models or even the S series. I think the quality of Ibanez has kinda faded some over the past 7 years. But I still have multiple Ibanez guitars myself. So just for quality purposes, I would atleast look into the Rg 500s. Again, that's just my opinion though.

Much Respect,

Jason
Dthreap

alright, the ibanez RG1570 cought my eye. What would you say about this one? heres a link to it http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG1570

thanks for all your help :)
Balex the Shizzle

thats a nice guitar, i think its basically the brother of the RG2550 (which ive got)

The Ibanez prestige range are really nice and play well.
Dthreap

Do any of you ahve experience with the godin brand guitar? Becuase I stoped at a guitar shop earlier and they said that it was supposably a great brand of guitar.
godin rocks

Dthreap wrote:Do any of you ahve experience with the godin brand guitar? Becuase I stoped at a guitar shop earlier and they said that it was supposably a great brand of guitar.

I do. i have three of them, all great guitars. I have a freeway floyd http://godinguitars.com/godinfreewayfloydp.htm
An SDhttp://godinguitars.com/godinsdp.htm
And a G2000 (sorry can't find a picture , and i don't have a digital camera)
The great thing about them is the price, i payed $500(cdn) for my freeway floyd, and it's my favourite guitar, i use itmore than any other guitar, the SD was around $350, not sure how much the G2000 was, it was a gift. For an entry level guitar the SD is amazing sounds and plays great, and the G2000 is spectacular(unfortunately they don't make G series guitars any more). Godin also makes a lot of really exspensive guitars such as their LG series(very nice).
So seeing that your price range is around $500 I would suggest you check out a godin guitar, try a freeway cassic, freeway SA, or a freeway floyd, I love them all.

Peace
Dthreap

alright, in 2 hours im heading to 3 guitar stores for the day, wish me luck :)
Dthreap

Just got back, played some guitars. I played this ibanez350DX and I have fallen in love with it. It was funny to how it was the first guitar I seen when I walked in and i thought ah man thats a beaut but probably out of my price range so i play a few guitars that seem nice then i go back to it and was just like I ahve to play this one. So i pick it up and start playing then about 5 guys come over and the manager grabs a pedal for me and was like here try this out and im sitting there thinking ahh I love this guitar. Then when im gone there all looking at me going dude your preaty good. So I think in a few days im going to go back and see if I can bargin down the price and get a case with it.