What's your dream guitar?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
hewhoshreds

Basically a thread for your dream guitar.

Mine's a custom RG Prestige, ebony fretboard with silver triangles for the inlays. DiMarzio HS-3 in the middle, DiMarzio FRED in the Neck, DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge. I'd have some black and white paintwork integrated with mirror lines to give a modern but yet not too over the top look. And finally, in the strap (Clear), some clear oil flowing through it, ohhh yeah! :wink:
Logic

I did a thread like this once..
Hope yours goes farther than mine. :)
The thread I did was about what your signature guitar would be if you had one.
Anyway, I really like the RG, Jem body. If I had a shelf full of guitars like that with different configurations that would be kewl with me.
Which is lighter people? Alder or Basswood??
One in the collection would be a Jem 7vwh. I would like the frets changed though. 6105's are a bit much for me. I wanna put together a Jem with a high gloss black body with a deep red pearl over that. With a pickgaurd that is the opposite of that. Gold hardware, Evolutions fore and aft. Undecided as the the inlays.
merlinlake78

my dream guitar would be a Jem / Rg style body but a bit more
fatter , a bit thicker . almost like a les paul .. 2 humbuckers ..
A evolution in the bridge and a Dimarzio paf pro in the neck..
A nice round neck like a jem777 series all maple .. with pyramid
inlays .. and xclusive lockin tremolo ..all of ths + a build in delay
device .. :-D ..
MR4Y

Mine are two concepts:

1- A very different Flying V style with Basswood body, Ebony fingerboard, jumbo frets, AANJ Neck joint, with Prestigie scale lenght, 28 frets with 21 to 28 scalloped. HH formation with sustainer driver and a custom developed pickup in the bridge. Gotoh bridge with JEM style back box. Custom graphic designed by me too :mrgreen:

2-A very customized RG style body, with custom graphic, FRED on the Bridge and a custom EVO/Sustainer pickup on the neck, 26 frets, extra jumbo frets, prestigie scale lenght, scalloped 21 to 26 frets, custom inlay, imbuia fretboard, with an mahogany body
j.arledge

man tough question there are a few different ones that i'd have in no specific order . The one that most sticks out is this beautiful ibanez creation.

i was speakless when i first saw it :D
1118916GB

a squier stratocaster with some tom delonge pickups and a strap that makes the guitar hang really low and straplocks
mi2tom

would be a jem7fp
nosferatu777

Cool topic, but I also thought we did this before. Oh well, I know I change my dream guitar all the time.
xxxYNGWIExxx

mi2tom wrote:would be a jem7fp
I totaly agree the jem77fp is probly my fav guitar :D
Image[/img]
shyboy12

Ibanez RGT Prestige custom model with a mahogany body, Wizard maple neck with neck-thru construction, rosewood fingerboard with jumbo frets and those beautiful vine inlays, Edge Pro bridge, Di Marzio Air Norton pickup in the neck position and Di Marzio Steve's Special pickup in the bridge position. Oh yeah, and the finish will be gloss black with chrome hardware. Oh, it's gonna be sexy.... 8)
Pi2plank

..the Ultrazone guitar....but going back to reality it would have to be the Jem77fp

but another great possiblity...maybe 5-10yrs. from now (w/ improvement of nanotech) is the Bad Horsie Jem (w/ a custom tree of life vine inlay w/c glows...its probably gonna need 2 batteries to light the whole fretboard...& equipped w/ a small device in the bridge(or headstock) w/c self tunes the strings....
Hobophobic

Mines already being built. Alder lefty Jem-style body. Maple Jem-style neck, ebony board w/ green LEDs. Not sure on the finish at this point. I intended to send it to ATD for a GMC swirl but he's not accepting new work at this time due to being majorly backed up on work he's already taken in. It's getting an Evolution ll at the bridge, an Evolution at the neck and an HS2 in the middle. I'm going with an OFR because it proved to be pretty much impossible to dig up a lefty Edge Pro in good condition. Maybe I'll try to find somebody who can do LNG and go with that (or maybe I'll start a new thread asking for ideas/suggestions for a finish since it's not looking like I'll be able to get what I originally intended).
Logic

Mr. Hobophobic,
I am looking at an original Edge right now and there is provision to drill out the boss on the other side to make it a lefty. The only matter would be what to do with the existing hole. With a little imagination that shouldn't be a problem.
Hobophobic

Thanks for the info but it's already been routed for an OFR.