Edge Pro trem maintenance.

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Skyscraper

Hi,
I've ordered an Ibanez RG2620 and it's just arrived in the store today. The thing is, it's my first guitar with a Floyd Rose type of trem system. I know that you can explain to people how to set up things, but there's nothing like actually seeing it, so I was just wanting to know if there are any videos or DVDs I can buy within the UK for this? My computer is quite slow so I'm not keen on trying to see it online but if there is some sort of general guitar maintenance video then that would be fantastic.

Anyone know of anything for this?
MR4Y

GTR-MAN

Congrats I just got one myself !
Skyscraper

Awesome aren't they?! I actually really like the stock pickups, I had some experience of playing V7/V8 pickups and wasn't keen on those (not knocking them, just my thoughts), but the DiMarzio/Ibz ones I actually like much more than I expected to like them. I bought it for a variety of styles, but mostly for heavy rock and some metal, so it's surprising that most of my time playing on it so far has been using the great coil-tapped singlecoil sounds for some Steely Dan and SRV especially (yes I read Guitar Techniques magazine!). It's fantastic, powerful, but versatile, with real clarity, just the managing the trem I need to get used to which, so I read, is something that takes a long time!
brentm

Nah, you'll be an old pro with the trem in no time. When I had my first floyd, I spent a few evenings changing strings and screwing things up.

String changes are probably the most challenging (initially). Properly stretching the string (whole string), tuning the new string close to pitch, and patience are probably the best advice I can give you.

I have a short clip on what I consider proper string stretching if you want me to send it. Just PM me with your email address.
godofshred

pics, pics!!! :lol:
Logic

I am in the process of making a video on guitar maintanance.
But if there is onew out there already I won't.
I clicked the jemsite link but didn't see a instructional video. Is there one??