I need some Serious Wah Pedal Help

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

For about three weeks now I've been shopping around for a wah pedal. I've only tried out the Crybaby Classic Wah and the Bad Horsie 2 Contour wah. The crybaby was ok and the contour sounded kinda weird, like it didn't have a large wah sweep range. I've also been interested in the Bad Horsie 1 and somebody also told me about the Crybaby 95Q model. I haven't tried these two out but the 95Q seems like the most attractive one, only I don't think it has that awesome springback feature that the Morley pedals have. Does anyone have any advice or experience with any of these pedals? Is there any big difference between the Bad horsie 1 and the Crybaby 95Q? Any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks a lot. :D
j.arledge

well my morley BH1 crapped out on me , and so did my crybaby 95, got the 95 working again, it is ok but the crybabys out now have cheap switches , and are prone to breaking or not working.

I would check out rocktrons wahs and the ibanez weaping demon wah personally.

Either that or an older cry baby, maybe a vox.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

Lol, how did those pedals crap out on you? Did the crybaby activation switch die? I know that happened to my friends and you have to step on it like a madman to activate it. I think you're right about the new crybaby switches.

Balls i think i put this question in the wrong section.
Last edited by vaiisagoodguitarplayer on Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
knarfzednem

my morley bad horsie 2 crapped out also.it may be because the thing sucks up 9v,but sometimes it just does not work.i may need to send it in for repairs,but in the meantime i just ordered the 95q so i'll have to see about that one.(does anyone know if the power supply for the bh2 adds a lot of noise or not?)
cain777

hello,
I own a dunlop 95q. overall its a good piece of equipment. the best thing is that this one needs no activation switch, its automatic. as soon as you step on it, it turns on. it has two small knobs on the left. one is able to choose the frequency and intensity of the wah. the other is for a volume boost. The boost is activated by the red switch on the right. the sound is pretty good. i like the way it sounds. overall its a good pedal. mine has never crapped out on me. its built like a tank. I really cant say anything about the bad horsie 1 or 2, i have not tried them personally. I hear the BH 2 is pretty good though. i hope my reply helped.
j.arledge

vaiisagoodguitarplayer wrote:Lol, how did those pedals crap out on you? Did the crybaby activation switch die? I know that happened to my friends and you have to step on it like a madman to activate it. I think you're right about the knew crybaby switches.

Balls i think i put this question in the wrong section.

yeah the switch died out, i got anotther one for it . Sounds funcky its not like it was originaly but i kind of like it .

the bad horsie would work for about 5 minuets after a new battry was put in then not want to come on until another new battery was put in. It was noise as hell if you plugged it into a 9v power supply.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

Awesome, seriously guys thanks for all the help. It looks like I have to do some more shopping around. I didn't know the 95Q was switchless, that might be the one I go for. Hmmm im gonna go to the store tomorrow and try it out. Thanks again.
j.arledge

the 95 isn't switchless, i think only morely uses the switchless system. It uses LEDS and a collector to activate the pedal, instead of a switch.
cain777

on the bottom of my wah it says 95Q. it has no activation switch. as soon as i step on it , it turns on. no leds needed to turn it on. ill try to post some pics of it soon. or maybe dunlop recently added the switch, but all i know mine is switchless. or maybe im just seeing things. but ill seriously try to post some pics of my wah.
cain777

sorry for posting again, but i found a picture of my wah. as you can see in the picture it has no switch at the toe area. the red thing on the side is the button that engages the volume boost. But then i did see two different 95's. one is without frequency control and volume boost. and the other one is the one with a switch. maybe that is the one that some may be reffering

to.http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/elect ... index.html
j.arledge

i am sorry they must have changed them up, mine has a switch under the front part. thats my bad, thanks for posting the link :D
cain777

Jra2217 wrote:i am sorry they must have changed them up, mine has a switch under the front part. thats my bad, thanks for posting the link :D
dont worry about it dude. maybe they did change em' up because they it said in the description they added a couple features to an already existing model.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

Yep I think it's the 535Q that has the switch. Anyways I'm leaving my house now to go try out the 95Q. We shall see.
resha

vaiisagoodguitarplayer wrote:Lol, how did those pedals crap out on you? Did the crybaby activation switch die? I know that happened to my friends and you have to step on it like a madman to activate it. I think you're right about the new crybaby switches.
it happened to me... my switch has gone. And I have to wait a lot of time to have another one because I have a 535Q which switch has 6 electric contacts and it's difficult to find... :twisted:
mxer

I have a 95Q and,yes, they are switchless.That's why I bought it.It also has Q control and volume boost.It's the best Ive ever tried