which one?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
littlewing777
Newcomer

So I've decided to save up for a new guitar.

I originally had my mind set on a Mirage Blue Rg1570, but I recently saw a picture of Mr. Vai with his Bad Horsie Jem, and I decided that would be a wonderful guitar to have as well. But seeing that I'm not made of money, it's gonna have to be one or the other. The Jem is about 1200 more, but I've played my friends 7vwh, and it was the most beautiful guitar I've ever played.

I guess I'm just looking for your opinions on which one to go with. But, if i have the chance within the next month or two, I'll most likely go with the BRMR.
Shamrocks

i'd say get a Jem7vwh

it is the most beautiful guitar around.
IMO

i thought the bad horsie was a bit of a let-down
Hobophobic

I like gaudy/flashy looking guitars so the BRMR is cool but it's kinda disappointing it didn't get the LEDs. Doesn't really matter in my case, I'm a lefty, but if I had to choose one I'd probably take the 7vwh over the Bad Horsie just because it's so dam... errr "darn" classy looking and the BRMR just isn't quite flashy enough without the LEDs. The RG1570 is a nice guitar though, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide not to spend the extra cash for the Jem.
I haven't bought anything new in a long time so I finally decided to get a couple new toys. I have a black RG1570L on order, it's coming from Rich at Ibanez Rules! with the locking stud mod and DiMarzios installed. I also have a custom currently being built by Chris at Big Velvet Dog. She's goin' t' be me flashy wench. Image
saxaxe

The bad horsie jem is alot more than the 7V, but the only differences are cosmetic. If you prefer the looks and have the money to waste, by all means, go ahead, but if youre struggling to save, stick to a prestige or 7V.
littlewing777
Newcomer

anybody else?
thelordofcheesecake

If you'll open your options to more than just Ibanez, you could consider the Ernie Ball John Petrucci model. It is absolutely raved about on the JP forum, a lot of which I think is deserved, and I think it's a little cheaper than the JEM.
resha

I'd go for the white one, it matches my tastes more then the mirror one.. but you know going on stage and flashin all the audience below is sooo cool 8)
though decision dude :wink:
R1FSR

Please be aware that the Mirror finish on the Bad Horsie marks quite easily....i could easily see after a year or so that it would look like sh@t..
there is only one place in my opinion to get a real BH and thats from SIMS in the Uk.
It will cost more than the Nez BH but it is far far better quality.

:wink: :wink:
StoRBa
Newcomer

I just bought the new Bad Horsie Jem about a month ago. And I'm very pleased. It's propably the best looking guitar IMO. And above all it's just heavenly to play. But if you can get a 7vwh (or any other 7v) for a better price you should buy that one. I didn't have to pay more than for any other 7v.
Skyscraper

I've also heard that the Bad Horsie JEMs can crack like mirrors as well with the finish, but while no-one who has one is likely to be smashing them off the walls of their house, has anyone noticed it to crack/scratch easier, or is this just nonsense?
R1FSR

This is how they should have been made

More pics here
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... ve&start=0
thelordofcheesecake

I've gotta admit, whilst I have a thing for white guitars, that Bad Horsie JEM is the shiznibit.
j1mi_h3ndrix

me want that guitar
StoRBa
Newcomer

The leds would have been nice :D