REAL ILLUSIONS: REFLECTIONS REVIEW THREAD

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

Zeds.Ded wrote:i think he sings 'Fire' and 'Little wing' off of live at the Astoria so damn well
Especially Little Wing! 8) He just proves what a great voice he possesses. Listen to his voice when he sings "when I'm sad! When I'm sad she comes to me". Perfect 8)
Big Bad Bill

I've noticed that Young Guitar have published a 'band score' of Real Illusions. I hope this means the guitar only TAB version will be coming out soon.
Duggy

I just got this album a few days ago, and listened to it all last night.

:shock: Wow. A guy I know said he was disappointed with this when he got it, so I wasn't expecting anything special like Steve's older stuff, but man was I wrong.

Building the Church- Very powerful, blew me away, excellent opener. Really epic song, and the melodies were fantastic! From my understanding of the "story", this song is about Pamposh building under it all, and he built it with his powers ie "Gravity Storm", so I was able to get a great mental image of this more than human being controlling all these rocks and stuff flying around him and eventually being put into place to complete the church (under it all). Also, the ending was superb, that lick, and how Steve describes how pamposh "faded like a whisper in the wind".

Dying for Your Love- I don't quite get the story line in this one, but I've read it's the love of God thats being talked about. Not sure whether I like this one yet, needs more listening and analysing.

I need to listen to this again before I review the rest.
Big Bad Bill

Take your time Duggy. This is a dense yet smooth album but too rapid a consumption could lead to your spleen exploding and erupting from your very mouth!! :shock: Enjoy it, it's a great album.
IbanezGRX
Banned

Big Bad Bill wrote:Take your time Duggy. This is a dense yet smooth album but too rapid a consumption could lead to your spleen exploding and erupting from your very mouth!! :shock: Enjoy it, it's a great album.

Umm what?
Leanne_777

^^^ No, that's true. There are 7 confirmed cases. This album gets more amazing every time I listen to it. Which is a lot.
FireComa

Really have grown to like "I'm Your Secrets." Beautiful harmonies abound.
FireComa

V41 wrote:Midway Creatures

This song has especially.. uh.. personal meaning to me, because I've recently been encountering Midway Creatures. But I won't get into that.

Here's a quote for you;

"That doesn't make sense."

-Ron Burgundy
mystery_tracks
Newcomer

The best album in Steve's Career! No doubt!! It's amazing...I love Building The Church and I'm your Secrets...Is the best of the best!!

Why Steve didn't come to Argentina in that tour??? :(
call_of_ktulu

every song of this album rulessssssssss
I love this album my favorite 2 vai albums are P&W and RI: Reflections
ltw/oheat7771

the name of this new album is..............? Is it available in all music stores?I can't wait to hear it!!!!! What is on the cover? As far as art work? :)
Polymnie

The expectation is so good!
She feeds our imaginary :wink:
lydian2000

friends
prman

"Lotus Feet" is my personal favourite of all Steve`s ballads. It alone can lift this album to classic status. When you add songs like "Under It All", "I`m Your Secrets" (more of this acoustic stuff, please!!!), "Km-pee-du-wee"... well basically the rest of the album, you have an album that can rival "Passion & Warfare".