Steve Vai on UK TV

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Big Bad Bill

Yes-especially since this is going to be Steve's last tour for quite some time: an appearence on "Later....." may be the only opportunity to get Steve over to the UK.
metallicafan647

I assume nothing came of this then?

I havn't watched Later With Jools Holland in ages, I prefer Friday Night With Jonathan Ross. :)
Big Bad Bill

Well, Mikey suggested that Steve's schedule was packed during his tour so he couldn't have done it anyway. But I was hoping the Beeb would send a scout, or whatever they call them, to one of his gigs and it's a means of drawing the Beeb's attention to Steve's work and amazing performances.

I think it's somethimg we should continue doing, especially since Steve isn't likely to be in the UK for any other reason for quite some time to come!
Cleggy

I've heard the BBC and other London studios are lovely in late April time. I wonder if Mr V would appear on Never mind the buzzcocks that would be funny. Still theres always Jools. Fresh Campaign anyone?
R1FSR

I wonder if Mr V would appear on Never mind the buzzcocks that would be funny
Now that id like to see it would be so funny :D
saraht

Cleggy2005 wrote:I've heard the BBC and other London studios are lovely in late April time. I wonder if Mr V would appear on Never mind the buzzcocks that would be funny. Still theres always Jools. Fresh Campaign anyone?
I think he'd be really good on "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" - I love that show! I could definitely imagine Vai on "Jools Holland" aswell. Incidentally, I was watching the New Year's Eve Jools Holland show and they had this guy called "Seasick Steve" on there who played a three stringed guitar :lol: It was funny, but surprisingly good!
Bryceybhoy

Saw the advert on Channel 5 last night. I thought I recognised the music as it was Tender Surrender. Wonder how they got permission to use the track? Do they have to ask Sony or is it Steve's decision?
Maybe Mikey can answer......
NantucketSleighrider

saraht wrote:Incidentally, I was watching the New Year's Eve Jools Holland show and they had this guy called "Seasick Steve" on there who played a three stringed guitar :lol: It was funny, but surprisingly good!
I saw him too! He was fucking brilliant if you ask me!
Big Bad Bill

Why don't we start emailing Jools Holland again?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/
Shredded Heat

Well, my voice has been added
R1FSR

Seraphim

Thanks for link Paul... very funny indeed!!!

Let me check if they listen my voice :shock:
pauldlr

I was going to start a thread on this guy, he's awsome. 3 strings, maybe there is hope for me.
Check out the rest of his site, I'll be looking out for UK tour dates. :lol:
Ant711UK

I'd think Steve would have his work cut out if went on Buzzcocks, I reckon Simon Amstell would have a field day with him. I reckon Bill Bailey would love to have Vai on his team though.

Tony
saraht

Ant711UK wrote:I'd think Steve would have his work cut out if went on Buzzcocks, I reckon Simon Amstell would have a field day with him. I reckon Bill Bailey would love to have Vai on his team though.

Tony
Simon Amstell would probably be OK to Vai because he’s actually talented – The people he tends to ‘have a field day’ with are the ones who don’t really have any talent. I always find it funny when they have Americans on that show because they often seem completely baffled by the whole thing - I think because a lot of the humour is very ‘British!’ I’m sure Steve could cope with it though!