Steve Vai on UK TV

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Big Bad Bill

A while ago I emailed Ruta Sepetys with the suggestion that a BBC programme 'Later with Jools Holland' would be the perfect place to get Steves music out to a wider audience here in the UK. Ruta said she'd look into this, but I've heard no more.

The programme has a website http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/ and the 'contact us' section is the place to suggest possible artists for future shows.

Might I suggest that UK Vaisters could inundate the site with requests to see our hero perform and even be interviewed? It might just work and get the general public into Vai's wonderful music!
Andelusion

I've sent them an email suggesting it..

Come on UK Vai.com-ers get emailing away :D
Juice777

Cheers dude! Just contacted them asking for Steve to be on the show. Hopefully they'll concur. Anyone put a notice on Jemsite yet?
Big Bad Bill

Perhaps you could do that Juice777?

Cheers
FinnJ

emailed em...
davemeetsworld

Thats a great idea! I shall mail em'. Hey did any other UK guys see never mind the buzzcocks the other night? There was a question about Steve!! Something about "Which of these celebraties does bee keeping as a hobby?" I was jokingly thinking of Steve and there he was right after sheryl Crow! Amazing!! I think one of the producers must be a shred fan, cause Joe Satriani and Van halen have bee mentioned on there too....
Hattersuk

Done it...good idea man
shacks

Tis a very good idea. BUT where on the 'contact us' bit are you sending your email?? :?

shacks
Big Bad Bill

It's in the FAQ section. At the bottom is a 'contact us' box where you can email them a message
jamtheguitarman

Done. someone should put this topic on other message boards,Dream theater,satriani. im sure we could get even more requests.
Little_Alligator

It's definatly the sort of show I could see Vai on. Especially when Jools interviews some of the guests throughout the show, Steve can talk about anything and make it sound interesting!
Email away guys!!

Jibboom!

SPM
><O>
---------------------------

Lyrics (adj.) - wasted time between solos

---------------------------
shacks

Big Bad Bill wrote:It's in the FAQ section. At the bottom is a 'contact us' box where you can email them a message
My email has been sent. The campaign starts here! Come on Beeb make it happen!!! :D

shacks
Last edited by shacks on Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andelusion

Just saw the repeat of the Steve clip on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Has anyone else mentioned this on the Satriani.com board?

Don't want to spam if i post it and someone else already has, i can never keep track of the Talk to Joe system.

The Jools holland show is a really good show as they do have performers on who aren't just 'popular' at that particular time, not that Steve isn't popular, it's just that the Jools show isn't a strictly in the charts type of program.

It would be awesome if Steve was on the show, i'm no marketing expert or anything but it would definately be good for promotion of Real Illusions and just excellent if Steve could make a UK TV live appearence :D
Bono

With Steves piano album coming out in November too, it would be cool to see Steve and Jools do a duet 8)
Andelusion

Bono wrote:With Steves piano album coming out in November too, it would be cool to see Steve and Jools do a duet 8)
Oh yeah! Maybe if they could do the Acoustic+Piano duet from the Fire Garden Suite :shock: That would be so flippin' good lol

Off topic..

Juice777, i've just noticed from your location that you're in Mirfied, i'm in Kirkheaton just over the hill lol