STEVE on MOTORHEADS's new album? With pic!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GuitarStrings

What kind of music does Motorhead do?
I know it's a extremely famous heavy metal band but never heard one song from them!

What is Steve going to do on their new work?

http://www.imotorhead.com/graphics/lemmyvai1.jpg
John

Skyscraper

I'm incredibly excited about this. I love Vai, alongside Satriani he is probably my favourite solo artist, while Motörhead, alongside AC/DC, are probably my favourite band. I'm psyched!

Could Mikey or someone from admin, or maybe even Steve himself if he can, possibly tell us how this came about and what Steve thinks of Motörhead's music? What was Lemmy like, and what did Steve make of Mikkey Dee? Did he have much to do with Phil Campbell (who I also think is a superb guitarist) or was Steve responsible for all of the guitar work on the song to which he contributed, maybe just working with Lemmy? I'm unbelievably psyched!

Also out of interest, since Steve also has a new album due to be released soon, was anything else recorded with Motörhead, and might it feature on Steve's new album when it is released?

Any information would be appreciated.

Yesssss!!!

Fantastic!

Thanks,
Steven.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Image Image
Steve and Lemmy have known each other for years but met up recently at a Static-X show here in LA. Lemmy asked Steve to play on the new album and Steve agreed.

Steve only recorded two solos on the track. As far as I know the rhythm guitars were already recorded. Steve and Lemmy had a great time in the studio. Though they may work again in the future, there are no collaborations with Lemmy on Steve's new album.
goth_fiend

jeez i knew vai had long fingers but whoa!!!..... :shock:
Skyscraper

Thanks for that Mikey. I didn't know that they had known each other for years. Usually there's some sort of mutual contact involved, but I can't think how Steve would have got to know Lemmy. Oh well, you learn something every day I suppose!

I look forward hopefully to hearing it anyway as a collaboration between Vai and Motörhead really ought to be amazing.
Virulent

Holy shit! I heard one of the Motorhead/Vai trax last night on the radio - 103.1 Metal Show. Man - Vai tore shit up! Lem must be really happy with how the solo sounds!