vai´s paintball gear...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
pro-fleisch
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:49 am

Hey i heard that steve became a paintball maniac...

wonder what kind of marker he uses...beside i play a 2k2 cocker v-feed with freak set

nice if he tells sth bout it...are there any other vai fans into paintball maybe even from germany too?

peace
:D daniel
spawn2048
Member
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:20 am

pro-fleisch wrote:Hey i heard that steve became a paintball maniac...

wonder what kind of marker he uses...beside i play a 2k2 c*ck v-feed with freak set

nice if he tells sth bout it...are there any other vai fans into paintball maybe even from germany too?

peace
:D daniel
I've never been really into, or spent a lot of money on it, I have just been a couple of times at a place in a forest near where I live that runs corporate/family activities. Its very fun, good to hear Steve likes it :D
stevo
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:02 pm

great post man 8)

I have never been but I would like to try it when I have more time
Blair
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:30 am

Paintball rocks! If you got the £££ then you can get through about 200 balls in 10 minutes, with ease..... :twisted: HEHEHEEEE!

I've got to go again!
Junebughunter
Member
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:24 pm

I go paintballing about 2 times a year...although it has been over a year since I last went...It is a fun sport. I wonder where Vai goes to play...hmmm
pro-fleisch
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:49 am

well i go for 2000 to 3000 balls per training day...at a max ROF of 18 balls per second...which is very good for a stock autococker...at least its the guitar playing i suppose...which makes the trigger fast...
User avatar
Steve Himself
VIP
VIP
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:01 pm

Hey folks,
Fire (my son) and I, came across this paintball thread.
When Fire was younger he always wanted to try paint ball so one year I decided to take him. It was about three years ago and only him and I went.
He really discovered himself. And I discovered muscles that I didn't know I had. We tried things like baseball and conventional sports but ...eh... they just didn't do it like paint ball did. So we got a membership at a local paint ball field and at one time we were going every weekend. It's a hoot.
Fire got seriously into it and started forming teams with is friends and now he's 12 years old and is a true ace.
For Christmas he got me a Spider paintball gun but now I seem to be getting all his leftover stuff. This year he went all out and now his favorite equipment he uses is a Blue Angel speed gun with a Halo hopper, using a 45 pure energy psi tank. He uses a freak barrel and smart parts clothes but his favorite thing to wear is JT2003 pants.
When we go to play we usually pack the car up with a ton of kids and head out for the day to get totally filthy dirty. We usually play capture the Flag and X-Ball. Fire has captured the flag many times, and even I have on a few rare occasion when I'm not ducking and covering.
It's really a blast and quite the exercise and it gives Fire an opportunity to get back at his Dad, bang bang!
s
Bono
Member
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:47 am

Steve Himself wrote:Hey folks,
Fire (my son) and I, came across this paintball thread.
When Fire was younger he always wanted to try paint ball so one year I decided to take him. It was about three years ago and only him and I went.
He really discovered himself. And I discovered muscles that I didn't know I had. We tried things like baseball and conventional sports but ...eh... they just didn't do it like paint ball did. So we got a membership at a local paint ball field and at one time we were going every weekend. It's a hoot.
Fire got seriously into it and started forming teams with is friends and now he's 12 years old and is a true ace.
For Christmas he got me a Spider paintball gun but now I seem to be getting all his leftover stuff. This year he went all out and now his favorite equipment he uses is a Blue Angel speed gun with a Halo hopper, using a 45 pure energy psi tank. He uses a freak barrel and smart parts clothes but his favorite thing to wear is JT2003 pants.
When we go to play we usually pack the car up with a ton of kids and head out for the day to get totally filthy dirty. We usually play capture the Flag and X-Ball. Fire has captured the flag many times, and even I have on a few rare occasion when I'm not ducking and covering.
It's really a blast and quite the exercise and it gives Fire an opportunity to get back at his Dad, bang bang!
s
Hey Steve, I bet those hands of yours are almost as quick on the trigger as they are on the fretboard ;)
spawn2048
Member
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:20 am

Bono wrote:
Steve Himself wrote:Hey folks,
Fire (my son) and I, came across this paintball thread.
When Fire was younger he always wanted to try paint ball so one year I decided to take him. It was about three years ago and only him and I went.
He really discovered himself. And I discovered muscles that I didn't know I had. We tried things like baseball and conventional sports but ...eh... they just didn't do it like paint ball did. So we got a membership at a local paint ball field and at one time we were going every weekend. It's a hoot.
Fire got seriously into it and started forming teams with is friends and now he's 12 years old and is a true ace.
For Christmas he got me a Spider paintball gun but now I seem to be getting all his leftover stuff. This year he went all out and now his favorite equipment he uses is a Blue Angel speed gun with a Halo hopper, using a 45 pure energy psi tank. He uses a freak barrel and smart parts clothes but his favorite thing to wear is JT2003 pants.
When we go to play we usually pack the car up with a ton of kids and head out for the day to get totally filthy dirty. We usually play capture the Flag and X-Ball. Fire has captured the flag many times, and even I have on a few rare occasion when I'm not ducking and covering.
It's really a blast and quite the exercise and it gives Fire an opportunity to get back at his Dad, bang bang!
s
Hey Steve, I bet those hands of yours are almost as quick on the trigger as they are on the fretboard ;)
he he, yeah, I bet. I'm acutally going paintballing in a few weeks and I haven't been for ages and I have certainly got faster at guitar since then so I'll put your theory to the test.

Big 'HI' to steve and thanks for the DVD, mine came in the post a few days ago and it is totally incredible :D 8)
User avatar
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2626
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:34 am

Steve Himself wrote: This year he went all out and now his favorite equipment he uses is a Blue Angel speed gun with a Halo hopper, using a 45 pure energy psi tank.
I see, but does it have a monkey grip?
It's really a blast and quite the exercise and it gives Fire an opportunity to get back at his Dad, bang bang!
s
That's totally cool.

"Whaddayamean 'bedtime??' I'll show you bedtime! Lock and load...."
shader
Member
Member
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:52 pm

*wants to see Steve vs Joe vs Yngwie on the paintball field*
pro-fleisch
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:49 am

thx for your reply Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (/me still trembling..checking...still...)

he plays a speed ...well its a matter of time when he goes for a shocktech cocker or an eclipse nexus :-)...anyway nice to hear that you enjoy the sport of paintball with your family!

bigbig greetings from Germany!!
Daniel
adam y.
Newcomer
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:11 am

oh wow i had know idea steve played paintball. i used to play all the time untill i really got into guitar and such. sold my angel to get my ibanez and amp. now ive got an autococker that doesnt really work that often. id suggest to anyone to try it if you can afford it. us guitar players can really get those fingers moving lol.
guitar_love
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:01 am

omg lol, of all things steve replied to it was about paintball....how cool is that!!!!!!

lol

peace
FiRe CoNtRoL
Newcomer
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:55 am

Wow, thats kinda freaky! I quit playing guitar because it interfered with my training schedule for my paintball team, aswell as having to work and look after my 2 wonderful kids.
I sold my Ibanez Floral JEM, Marshall JCM 900 50 watt head with Celestion quad box and ADA preamp and brought an Angel IR3, 2 x Evolution 2 Hoppers and a Mac Dev air system 68ci pumping about 1800 psi.
For the last 2 years I've been playing in all the major tournaments around New Zealand and am a current member of the New Zealand Paintball Players Asscociation (NZPPA). I'm not really a big bush player, (as may be evident in my chosen Marker) Supa Air is my Forte. For those not in the know Supa Air is basically Bouncy castles or blow up shapes set up on flat terrain, like a football field, which is used as strategic covering positions. The position I usually play is left saftey. The saftey's job is to provide cover fire and to initiate set moves. When I walk onto the field I usually have a full load in my hopper and 7 150 Pods, which is just over 1200 paintballs. Under millenium rules games run for 10 minutes, (although I've seen a game end in 47 seconds!) and if i do my job right at the end of the game I'll have maybe 1 Pod left if i'm lucky!
Anyways, I've found myself wanting to play my gat again and I've acheived most of the things I've wanted to in the sport, Trophies, Medals aswell as ranking in the top 10 players in the country. So I've retired from the tournament paintball scene, although I've still got my marker for the odd occasional rec game and I still marshall games every now and again at my local field Actions Paintball (Shamless plug lol)
I'm re-applying my focus back to being a working musician and have bought myself some beaut guitar gear, but I'll save that for another Thread!

It might be interesting to note that in these last 2 years I havn't touched an Electric guitar.
Post Reply