SIX FINGER HAND-PRINT

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Big Bad Bill

funnyguy12 wrote:so your saying he has 2 thumbs.
Don't be ridiculous! Nobody could have two thumbs.
funnyguy12 wrote:How does that enable him to play so well.
Exactly! It wouldn't help in anyway. As I said with the original photo post, Steve has an extra finger that he can tuck behind the fretboard during photo shoots. I suppose functionally it's somewhere between and index and a middle finger, so fairly useful and dexterous. Of course he has and extra-large brain area to control the extra finger and if you were to place you hand on his scalp, near the vertex of the skull, you'd feel slight bump to house the extra cortical mass. Of course, don't try this at and EVO or meet and greet since Mikey has marksmen trained on anybody who gets too close to Steve- they'd blow your hand off before you were even close. Again, Mikey's trying to hide the truth.
funnyguy12 wrote:my friend has 2 thumbs(not even joking, its fucking awesome) but the only upside to it is he can mute the strings when he sweeps. IT DOES NOT MAKE HIM FAST AND MELODIC. just cleaner. He is good because he practices.
OK, now I think you are trying to 'yank our chains' with this one. Nobody has extra thumbs, not even the Biharzian Kraka-people of the planet Yanklezobblevob. Nice try, but we're not stupid, funnyguy12.
Zeds.Ded

why is it so hard to believe that he has 6 fingers. haven't yous seen any of his interviews from the early 80's? he used to talk about how the extra finger really helped him develop his tapping techniques and his oddly styled phrasing. i think theres a few magazines around eBay with those interviews in them
ears1991

:lol:
How much longer are you guys gonna keep this up for? :twisted:
Big Bad Bill

Zeds.Ded wrote:why is it so hard to believe that he has 6 fingers. haven't yous seen any of his interviews from the early 80's? he used to talk about how the extra finger really helped him develop his tapping techniques and his oddly styled phrasing. i think theres a few magazines around eBay with those interviews in them
Yeah I've got a few of those. It seems they started hushing things up around the time Steve started playing for Whitesnake. I suppose a 'six-fingered guitar virtuoso' was just a little too much for fans who like songs about kittens with claws, how hot a certain woman is and how upset they are about that same hot woman running off with somebody else.
NOT!!!

now THIS is a joke everyone should understand...and a nice one, too ;).

Is this REALLY in the hall of fame?
Big Bad Bill

Everybody should know the ~the truth~
Zeds.Ded

ya its been covered up for too long really, i mean, theres no need to keep it hidden now that he's solo. im not trying to bad mouth Steve or anything, i just believe it should be let out
ears1991

Mr Clark

it's obviously hidden :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, real nice thread :D
Big Bad Bill

ears1991 wrote:What do you guys have to say? :lol:
Compelling evidence at first glance, but to my eye, trained by years of studying the Sciences and the dark arts, it's obvious that there are problems with this image: we can't see to whom the hand is actually attached-it could be anyone-it's not Steve's hand, don't you think it's odd that they've deliberately cropped the photo so low, obliterating most of the lower hand and all the wrist area-the origin of the sixth finger as you can see from this X-ray of somebody else's six-fingered hand
Also the lighting of the hand is well done but it's not quite right-it's been doctored by Mikey afterwards.

Anyway, 'sexdactyly' isn't all that uncommon, why shouldn't Steve has six fingers?. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly
thejonesfactor

Man, some people will believe ANYTHING. :lol: Sorry, I just can't imagine anyone who has seen him, falling for this. Lots of fun though watching the banter back and forth.
llamahead

h100 wrote:lol looks like 5 to me
OMFG!!!!

you met Steve on my birthday!!!!!

i would love to meet Steve but im very very shy. . . . :cry:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zeds.Ded wrote:ya its been covered up for too long really, i mean, theres no need to keep it hidden now that he's solo. im not trying to bad mouth Steve or anything, i just believe it should be let out
It's sort of an image thing you know. See, little kids occasionally get scared when they discover it. It wasn't a secret, just an aspect of his being that isn't emphasized. It's always been troublesome for him that way, all those extra body parts, even though they are useful.

:)
J
Knightmare
Newcomer

llamahead wrote:
OMFG!!!!

When i met him i couldnt even speak,
And english aint my first language, so i was stuttering some weird stuff while he was looking at me like :shock:

...Heh, sad but true.
llamahead

Knightmare wrote:
llamahead wrote:
OMFG!!!!

When i met him i couldnt even speak,
And english aint my first language, so i was stuttering some weird stuff while he was looking at me like :shock:

...Heh, sad but true.
i prolly would be stuttering too if i even knew what to say :lol:
yeyeess sisirr :P