The Official G3 '04 Europe Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GitarooMan

Vai's show has just got better and better over the years, so I'd say you have every reason to be! :)

TheDarktrooper wrote:i just booked 3 tickets for the London performance on the 29th :D

I'm psyched :D
Vivaldi
Newcomer

Hey all! :)
I am new on this forum...so i'd like to greet all fans from Vai and all other people that are posting here for a start.
I have a question regarding European tour. Does anyone have any idea why Yngwie isn't in G3 for Europe ?
I don't want some pathetic rumours, i just want something to grip on, because i really think that he is talented guitar player and i would LOVE to see him beside Vai&Satch:).
|-LoX-|

Vivaldi wrote:Does anyone have any idea why Yngwie isn't in G3 for Europe ?
So far there has been a new lineup for every G3 tour.
ArnieBall

|-LoX-| wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:Does anyone have any idea why Yngwie isn't in G3 for Europe ?
So far there has been a new lineup for every G3 tour.
also, he is touring in the USA at the same time...
Bono

Got my tickets for Birmingham NIA arena this morning...I seriously can't wait for this, it's going to be one hell of a concert 8)
Skyscraper

So is it definitely about 3/4 of an hour that each of them play, then the jam at the end?

On the G3 CDs there is usually only a segment each of about twenty or twenty-five minutes from each guitarist, and I was hoping that maybe at the actual gigs themselves they would get longer than that.

Also, what happens about getting things signed? Do you go somewhere after the gigs and they're there? Do each of the guitarists have a separate signing place? I'd love to get Steve to sign something for me but it'd feel like betraying Joe not to go to him as well, and vice versa!

I have booked already for one of the dates, maybe I'll also try to go to Madrid or Barcelona.

Never seen any of them live before so it should be excellent.

Thank you so much Steve, not only for coming to the UK, but for actually coming to Newcastle! You and Joe have made what was personally going to be a long, tough summer doing research and university work a whole lot better, and I really can't stress enough how much I appreciate you doing this for us. Thank you!

Steven.
Bono

Skyscraper wrote:So is it definitely about 3/4 of an hour that each of them play, then the jam at the end?

On the G3 CDs there is usually only a segment each of about twenty or twenty-five minutes from each guitarist, and I was hoping that maybe at the actual gigs themselves they would get longer than that.

Also, what happens about getting things signed? Do you go somewhere after the gigs and they're there? Do each of the guitarists have a separate signing place? I'd love to get Steve to sign something for me but it'd feel like betraying Joe not to go to him as well, and vice versa!

I have booked already for one of the dates, maybe I'll also try to go to Madrid or Barcelona.

Never seen any of them live before so it should be excellent.

Thank you so much Steve, not only for coming to the UK, but for actually coming to Newcastle! You and Joe have made what was personally going to be a long, tough summer doing research and university work a whole lot better, and I really can't stress enough how much I appreciate you doing this for us. Thank you!

Steven.
Yeah, they usually get 45-55 minute sets each. Don't know about signing stuff though - I suppose if you hang around the backstage door you might catch them. Hopefully there will be some backstage passes up for grabs, and if you win one, then thats your answer ;)
Vaiper

dude im almost crying now cos i cant afford to go at the moment :cry: typical huh, wait ur whole life to see ur heros then problems arise *sniff* :cry:
shacks

My G3 tickets were delivered this morining. 4th row from the front, bang in the middle of the row. :D
chris5150
Newcomer

i got 5th row tickets to the bourenemouth show, block c, an im about to order "live in denver" online, it just keeps on getting better and better
shacks

Bono as a brummie I am guessing you've probably been to a Academy show set up for the NIA before? If so whats its like? I hear it holds about 4,500. Looks like quite an intimate set up from the vid on the NEC website.
davemeetsworld

I just ordered 4 tickets to the bournemouth gig in june, I can't stress to you how excited I am. The live in Denver DVD is awesome, I want to see Vai play his triple neck, that was just magic. I hope to see some of you there.
shacks

FRENCH FANS WHY ARE YOU NOT BUYING TICKETS FOR THE PARIS G3 SHOW? TICKETS FOR THE FRONT ROW ARE STILL AVAILABLE TEN DAYS AFTER THEY WENT ON SALE!!?? MANY THOUSANDS OF TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR THE UK SHOWS IN THE SAME TIME!
Radio Ga Ga

Hallo evrbdy, why they have been cancelled from "tour dates" on vai.com and satriani.com the Italian and Spanish dates? :shock: :shock: :shock: perhaps for the tragic facts of Madrid? :cry: ....please Mikey give us news :!: ....
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Radio Ga Ga wrote:Hallo evrbdy, why they have been cancelled from "tour dates" on vai.com and satriani.com the Italian and Spanish dates? :shock: :shock: :shock: perhaps for the tragic facts of Madrid? :cry: ....please Mikey give us news :!: ....
Nothing has been cancelled, but the promoter asked us to take them down because they are still being finalized.

I try to put up information as early as possible for you guys - and sometimes I break the rules doing so. You'll notice that we had tour dates up - with links to buy tickets - weeks before Satriani did.

While it's not a competition, I try to bring you the news first...

Sit tight. As soon as I have the go-ahead to post the dates for the rest of Europe, I will.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com