STEVE!!!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
john1231

resha wrote:You've just misunderstood my words. I don't worship Steve as a God, I simply admire Him just as I admire few people in the world for what He does with His music and His behaviour.
Being the person I am I won't respond to your provocation :lol:

P.S.:
What are doing here if you don't admire Steve?
Wasting your precious time? :roll:
I'm a fan of his music, i don't look up to him as something more than a great musician like many do as if he is some sort of deity.
jam3z
Newcomer

so overall reply is "Steve Rocks!!!"
resha

john1231 wrote:
resha wrote:You've just misunderstood my words. I don't worship Steve as a God, I simply admire Him just as I admire few people in the world for what He does with His music and His behaviour.

P.S.:
I'm a fan of his music, i don't look up to him as something more than a great musician like many do as if he is some sort of deity.
So you admire Him exactly as I do.
Then give up with those stupid words about shrines and stuff.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

john1231 wrote:

P.S.:
I don't think people look up to him as a deity of some sorts.
I do think they admire him for various reasons. The musician, the guy who is able to achieve his goals, his atitude towards others, his spirituality etc. He's a good rolemodel in those regards because he's open and cadid about those things. People need those rolemodels in their life, it's human nature. Not just kids, but everyone can learn something by someone they admire on diffrent levels. I'd say that's a good thing, if you're able to be inspired by someone example and /or can add some things to yourself because of it.

To dismiss the whole rolemodel/idolism/idealism thing sounds to me as a statement of insecurity (IMHO).

;)
J.
resha

Jeroen wrote:
john1231 wrote:

P.S.:
I don't think people look up to him as a deity of some sorts.
I do think they admire him for various reasons. The musician, the guy who is able to achieve his goals, his atitude towards others, his spirituality etc. He's a good rolemodel in those regards because he's open and cadid about those things. People need those rolemodels in their life, it's human nature. Not just kids, but everyone can learn something by someone they admire on diffrent levels. I'd say that's a good thing, if you're able to be inspired by someone example and /or can add some things to yourself because of it.

To dismiss the whole rolemodel/idolism/idealism thing sounds to me as a statement of insecurity (IMHO).

;)
J.
Well Jeroen... my English ain't good enough to translate my thoughts like this, but I swear this was what I thought :wink:
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

P.S.:
I worship him......it's true
Samuele

I think it's very difficult to talk in absolute terms about any human being, especially about someone extremely talented like Steve.
I think that if Steve is to be esteemed, one of the main reasons for that is that he contributes to the growth of, and 'gives shape' to, emotional responses which we value. It's a very personal thing. Personally, I totally get riveted whenever I hear or see him play - the way he moves, the way he lets the notes speak (also through his own body language).
Moreover, I admire him as a guy living a healthy life; I only lately discovered I've got many things in common with him (on that issue). But that doesn't matter, anyway.
Therefore we could now talk about 'identification' and 'looking up to'. But that would take at least a long essay, I think.
If I were to give any thought about this topic, I would simply say 'enjoy what Steve does'.

Peace.
Melvin

metallicafan647 wrote:He is a good guitar player, nothing more, nothing less.
Get a life dude :P
Vai is the best guitarist if ever seen
metallicafan647

So I need a life because I'm not a fanboy?

Yeah right.
munchocruncho

Stop being so mean.
Gosh!
I worship Steve.
I carry a jem necklace, and read the Holy Vai-ist bible every day.
treeduck

These kind of threads make me giggle I have to say... LOL :lol:
Eutow

Gary2005 wrote:lol, who is this dumbass above me.

It takes alot more than playing guitar to be able to do what Steve does, he is a musical genius. I feel i speak for alot of people here.
this opinion is as easily formed, as someone else who praises another guitar player.

an opinion is an opinion, and i totally respect yours because, i agree with just about 95% of it.

(and now that i re-read your post, i can see the sarcasm, hahah, but sorry i feel kinda sick as i ate too much, greasy kids stuff)
Ray Lindsley
Newcomer

Saying Steve Vai is a genius is kind of stating the obvious from my point of view. Beyond his guitar playing skills, his imagination and creativity are unparalleled and go way beyond his music. My favorite guitars to play are the Universe and Jem models that he designed for Ibanez. Plus he just seems very cool.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Musically, he's definitely better than just a "good" guitarist; he's a "great" guitarist. He's also a talented songwriter, a helluva showman & from what I'm able to gather, he's a wonderfully beautiful person inside, which makes him very cool in my book. These are all the reasons that I really dig him. Do I worship him? No. Do I admire him & his music & look to him for inspiration at times? YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :)
Leanne_777

Yeah, I think worship is definitely too strong a word.

I do, however, worship Hulk Hogan.