JEM777LNG with Vine Inlay Pics.

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
mike777

Hi All:

I have a picture from an old magazine ove steve playing a green JEM but with a rosewood fingerboard and green vine inlay. The headstock wasn't in the photo. I was wondering if there are other photos floating around of this guitar.

Mike Haug
jsdetrait

I've got one also... The same guitar with a rosewood freatbord and vine inlay... It was not a "fp" neck on a "lng" body because The headstock is green! What a guitar... The first jem i ever see... Since then I'm a jem addict!
My picture comes from : the monster of rock festival (Donnington 1988). At that time Steve was with David lee Roth ("skyscraper") and
That's where Steve met Thomas Mc Roklin (from "bad 4 good).
I wish I was there : There was "Iron maiden (seven son of the seven son)"/gun'n'roses (appetite for destruction)/ DLR (Skyscaper) / many more in England...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Hope it helps...
JS :wink:
SS

I've got pic(s) of another of those; apparently there were a couple/few done this way... prototypes? Alternatives that never went to market?

Anyway... I'll locate the pics and I can send them to you if you'd like.

Steve

[Edit: Yeah, it's number 705...]
jsdetrait

I'd like to...
Thanx in advance.
:D JS
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

oooh.. you guys are going to love this...

I'm about to auction that very guitar. It is actually the final prototype for the Jem777LNG. It originally had a pyramid inlay neck, but it broke when Steve did a "round the world" move. It was replaced with a vine inlay neck. The lions claw on this guitar is actually hand-done.

After the tour, Steve gave the guitar to his tech Stan Schiller (also Steve's tech on the Whitesnake tour). Stan is now selling the guitar (with my help).

I'll post some images now that I'm back from tour. It will be appearing on Ebay soon.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
jsdetrait

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :shock: :shock:
I think I can't afford it but, to see once again some pictures of that guitar means a lot to me... When I first herad Steve on the "eat'em and smile" DLR album I didn't know what he actually looked like... And the first picture I've seen of the "dlr band" was Steve on stage with THAT guitar!!!
I can't wait to see it again!!!! :D
Jean-Sébastien!
davester1234

Wow!!!!

Cool!

And good to have you back Mikey. :)
Ffats

What luck!

Can't wait to see these pics!
Vaibanez5150

OMG! :shock: :D

I have always wanted a lochness green jem with the green vine inlays instead of the pyramids.

I planned someday to get a lochy and a floral and swap the necks to make my dream axe.

Man,............. I doubt i'll be able to afford steves actual axe.
1 can dream though,.....

Any pix? :D
alienacidsoup

What's wrong with Stan Schiller? I would take that guitar to my grave with me! :shock:
jsdetrait

alienacidsoup,
I do agree with you, this guy must be crazy or he might need some cash... :D :D :D
JS
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Here are some photos, folks!

By the way, if you have any photos of Steve with the guitar, it would be very very cool if you could post them here! I need them :)

Peace!

Mikey
vai.com

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Here's a page with even more photos.. http://www.vai.com/Machines/schiller_ebay/index.html

If you, or someone you know is interested in purchasing this guitar, we'd be happy to do discuss it before it goes on Ebay...

;)
jsdetrait

Whaou!!!!
:shock: 8) :D You're really the best Mikey... My favourite guitar!!! AARGGG!!! :shock: :D
Thank you very bery much!
I've got a picture but are you sure we can post it here without the autor permission?
JS
jsdetrait

The headstock wasn't green... I thought it was!
JS :shock:
kettil

Mikey.
I have this picture. I can't remember where I found it, but I imagine it is a press image or something.Image