Just wondering...

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Markus V.

Just wondering what does Steve use to keep his picks attached to his guitar's headstock. Does anybody know?

- Markus V.
http://www.freewebs.com/magezone
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I think it' been answered elsewhere, but Steve uses gaffer tape rolled up into a little tube and then stuck along the underside of the headstock. Sometimes he uses double sided tape. It doesn't need to be really sticky - only enough to hold picks and quickly release them when you grab for a new one.

Hope this helps!

Mikey
vai.com
NOT!!!

Hi!

But these little "Tubes"...won´t they go with the pick ;)?
Nightmare405

You fuckin idiots! its a dunlop pick holder(I have one!) you can get one from any music shop.
Gaffer tape! what are you guys on!(can i have some? :twisted:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Nightmare405 wrote:You **** idiots! its a dunlop pick holder(I have one!) you can get one from any music shop.
Gaffer tape! what are you guys on!(can i have some? :twisted:
No need for name calling.

Steve's picks have always been attached to the headstock with a thin roll of gaffer.

In recent months, Thomas Nordegg has recently affixed a plastic clip that runs along the bottom of the headstock. It's not a Dunlop pick holder. It's affixed to the headstock with velcro.

Mikey
vai.com
King Snake

mikey! ban that son of a beesh!

:twisted: lol
Ryan Layton
Banned

indeed!
ax murderer

haha, how did i know that thomas attached it with velcro? that man is a velcro nutcase!!
jemgirl

oh no, oh no thomas is the best there is!!
Ryan Layton
Banned

definatly, did you see the thing on the Astoria dvd where steve said he would not play a concert if thomas wasn't there? hes gotta be pretty damn good.
jemgirl

yes ryan i did, and believe me the man is really good , he can not only modify guitars but also steve`s gear (g-forge by tc electr.)

cheers,

patricia
The Extremist

King Snake wrote:mikey! ban that son of a beesh!

:twisted: lol
EVO 555

i do the same as vai i stick my picks on the headstock of my jem with normal tape which i roll into a tube and stick it on :P
bazman1uk
Newcomer

Vai's new headstock pick holder's ARE actually Dunlop Pick-Clips.
I've just got 3 of them.

They're really designed to clip onto your strap, but I think they'd get in your way if you put them there.

Anyway, if you cut of the holding clips, you can easily attach it to your headstock with some double-sided tape.

It is reasonably bendy enough to fit the contours of your headstock. My Jem and Jackson are fine, but Fender's you may have set it to float a little across the gap.

Mine are clear, but they also come in Black or White. They're really cheap as well. I paid $2.99 each for mine.

Have fun.

Baz
Mike7vwh
Newcomer

I'd trust Mikey on this one, seeing as... I dunno.. he's on tour or recently returned from a tour with Vai.

Something gives me a slight inclination that he actually KNOWS, as opposed to blowing smoke.