Sound Theories Tour Rig Video

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
wireman24
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:30 am

Admins can we just lock this thread down it's getting pretty pointless.

I guess a person can't joke around on camera anymore without people reading crap into it.
Zeds.Ded
Member
Member
Posts: 1416
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

just give up NOT, theres nothing secret about the Legacy cab at all. get over it.
User avatar
calos
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:31 pm

I think sometimes this comes from people still beliving that Steves' sound come from his gear, it simpley doesn't.

It's a harder thing to accept for some more than others, but Steve simpley sounds like Steve and no amount of gear you can buy will be the sum of all the things that make Steves' sound what it is.

We and play his guitars, we can use his amps, but none of us will ever sound quite like he does for more than a nano second, because of the gazzillion other factors that make Steves' sound his.

Rather than feel sad about thins, why not choose to truely follow what Steve did, wich is to find his own sound and tone, find something that is you and nobody can truly copy it.

And try reading http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=secret ... GB230GB230

every single link there, and you might begin to "get" the secret sauce JOKE.

You know next Steve will coff on an interview and people will make something it out of it rather than, he simpley needed to coff right at that second.

peace
cal
NOT!!!
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 am

Jeroen wrote:
NOT!!! wrote: he says the cabs do have some kind of secret....what is it?
NOT!!! wrote: So what´s the hidden feature of the box?
NOT!!! wrote: i´m talking about the hidden feature of his signature cabinet, not about his setup.
NOT!!! wrote: I just wanna know what the secret of the cabinet is, not more, not less.
Jeroen wrote: There's no secret. Steve's just joking around a bit.

You're right dude.

J
Jeroen, I know now, there is no secret about the cab. This discussion, or my point isn´t about this secret anymore. It´s about the AMP now. You said you don´t get a manual, where the secret is written in. And I have this manual right here!

You know, discussions develope some times, so don´t say "stay at the point", nobody has to.
NOT!!!
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 am

calos wrote:I think sometimes this comes from people still beliving that Steves' sound come from his gear, it simpley doesn't.

We and play his guitars, we can use his amps, but none of us will ever sound quite like he does for more than a nano second, because of the gazzillion other factors that make Steves' sound his.
First of all, that has nothing to do with my point.

Then it is a totally senseless conclusion :roll:. I´m telling you something, I have a JEM, and I have a Legacy, and I do sound exactly like Steve. I just play something diffrent.

If you have exactly the same gear like Steve, you will exactly sound like him. It´s the same power, that runs through the amp and all the effects. And the Legacy DOES sound like Steve, because it´s the amp he´s using.
pagliai
Member
Member
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:45 am

Basically i understand what you wanna obtain NOT!!!,this is not a research to clone Steve,it is like you say mmmm ok what's the way to obtain a Steve's certain sound,the problem is everyone here is correct.
NOT!!! is correct and the people sayin tone comes out from Steve's hands are correct ,that's the fact.
Anyway Steve 's tone comes out from his head he turns the knobs 'cause he wanna obtain that sound etc;
so he takes a pandora and you don't hear a great sound like when he uses the amp but you can say yes he's Steve 'cause of his head his hands and technically 'cause of jem, delays,fxs.
Basically the last Steve's tone, i don't know in which way i can explain this thing so i call it simply tone(technically speaking),comes out from a jem with 2 halfstack legacy and effects(delays,a doublin effect, rev)for the live sound,my humble opinion.
Anyway if you give him other things the tone 'll be similar 'cause at the end he needs a certain amp with "flat"guitars and delays.
Anyway Steve's like to change the things so he wanna obtain a thing and i think he says:
mmmm ok let me try it i think with it i can obtain the thing i m searchin for.
On the contrary if you give him a piece of gear(amp fxs etc) i think he says:
mmmmm ok now i come out the tone from here.
At the end the result is the same just 'cause of his head etc.
So with jem a higain amp and delays you can obtain something of so similar.
Ah i m sorry 'cause his live cabs 've got 4 speakers ,my fault.
User avatar
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2626
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:34 am

NOT!!! wrote: You know, discussions develope some times, so don´t say "stay at the point", nobody has to.
WTF.. Where did I say that to you??

How can I make more clear to you that what I was replying to were obviously your statements about the cab, as I showed you in my previous post?

J
Zeds.Ded
Member
Member
Posts: 1416
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

i found the secret sauce in my Legacy cab!!
User avatar
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2626
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:34 am

Zeds.Ded wrote:i found the secret sauce in my Legacy cab!!
That sounds wrong on so many levels :)

J
Zeds.Ded
Member
Member
Posts: 1416
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

. . . . . . . . . . i should read over my posts more often :o
Ugur Dariveren
Member
Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 5:47 pm

Hey, I found the secret sauce in my Behringer amp too :P
NOT!!!
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 am

pagliai wrote: Anyway Steve 's tone comes out from his head

that´s right! But not his sound ;).

And that´s the diffrence!
pagliai
Member
Member
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:45 am

aahhahhahahh NOT!!! ok ok i can understand you ;) ahahahahahaha you're great.

If you wanna obtain what you are searching for, the signal path could be
head -hands- jem - crybaby 95q - ds1- legacy - volume pedal- tc gforce - return legacy - legacy 4x12 - sm57 -mixer -tadà .

But you already know it.

You can mod the legacy with fatter voltage transformers you can mod the ds1 and wha and you can build with a superfantastic wood by a superfantastic luthier a super fantastic guitar.

After this you can buy another legacy stack and play in stereo ,then ....game over!!!

Buy guitar extravaganza there are some "sauce" inside the book,some settings etc.

And turn the knobs (here the head is important )

Anyway i can understand your point of view,it is an expensive point of view.
User avatar
calos
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:31 pm

NOT!!! wrote:
calos wrote:I think sometimes this comes from people still beliving that Steves' sound come from his gear, it simpley doesn't.

We and play his guitars, we can use his amps, but none of us will ever sound quite like he does for more than a nano second, because of the gazzillion other factors that make Steves' sound his.
First of all, that has nothing to do with my point.

Then it is a totally senseless conclusion :roll:. I´m telling you something, I have a JEM, and I have a Legacy, and I do sound exactly like Steve. I just play something diffrent.

If you have exactly the same gear like Steve, you will exactly sound like him. It´s the same power, that runs through the amp and all the effects. And the Legacy DOES sound like Steve, because it´s the amp he´s using.
Well thanks for clearing that up, you sound _exactley_ like vai because you have all the same gear.

The same mic and recording equipment in exactley the same enviroment, in the exact same humidity and temprature, and your body mass conductivity liquid percentage and dimensions are also therefore exactley the same effecting how the magnetic fields around the instrument and equipment work, and on top of that your running on the same mains cycle from the same local generator the same pylons etc.
Also your playing your guitar in the exact same place so that the earths own magnetic field affects the sound in the same way.

At least I now completly understand where your comming from.

Or do you mean, I have the guitar and amp and I don't sound like vai so I'm dluded that there is some other "secret ingredient" well there is, YOUR NOT STEVE VAI.
:roll:
peace
cal
NOT!!!
Member
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 am

now, what kind of stupid post is that? not one argument in it....


It´s nice talking to you...
Locked